Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1982 Kawasaki Spectre 1100 - Side Panel cover decals - Source ? 20 Mar 2023 09:11 #881821

• hbpaints
  • hbpaints's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Good Morning, 

I am applying for collectors plates on my 1982 Kawasaki Spectre 1100 and am in need of the side cover decals.to put everything back to original appearance.

Previous owner appears to have scraped the plastic decal off, leaving the black side cover plastic with only the "Spectre 1100" script.

I need to either find a replica source for the side cover decals or the closest color of vinyl (or paint) that I could reproduce the factory appearance.

Below is the color and decal I need....

And here is my bike at the moment...

Thanks for any help in locating...

Other than a headlight install and mounting the front turn signals permanently, bit of frame and engine paint detail and a very intricate cleaning / detailing, she's ready to roll !

Rob.
1982 Kawasaki Spectre 1100
1983 Honda V65 Magna 1100
1987 Kawasaki 454 LTD
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hbpaints. Reason: Picture issue...

1982 Kawasaki Spectre 1100 - Side Panel cover decals - Source ? 21 Mar 2023 16:33 #881874

• Injected
  • User
  • Thank you received: 367
Its hard to see from those pictures if the pin striping on the tank is the same width as the side covers but it probably is. I checked on Diablo Cycle and the Spectre is a bike they do not make decals for.

Here is someone who is doing them for the 750 Spectre :

motor-stickers.com/kawasaki-kz-750-spectre-1987

Not sure if it is the same as the 1100, maybe the overall sizing is different?

Barring that there are all kinds of striping decals on Ebay, I got some I put on my bike, quite easy to apply.

You just need to measure whats on your tank and see if you can match with whats available.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hbpaints

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Injected.
  • Page: