Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Motorcycle cover 27 Oct 2022 14:03 #876077

• martin_csr
  • martin_csr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
What size motorcycle cover would fit a 1981 KZ650-CSR w luggage rack?  
Without doing much searching, all I'm seeing is S-M-L-XL-XXL & what type of motorcycle they fit, but no actual measurements even at one of the mfg websites. Thanks.

ps: the 650-CSR size-wise is identical to a KZ750H Ltd as they have the same frame & some other stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Motorcycle cover 27 Oct 2022 18:34 #876092

• Nerdy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 375
I searched for "motorcycle cover" on Amazon: a lot of the listings do mention length (86", 96.5", 104", 116", etc.).

Not sure what your 650's dimensions are with the rack, but this cover has a length of 96.5", a width of 41", and a height of 50".

www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Waterproof-Out...versal/dp/B09R72TR8N

1979 KZ400 Gifted to a couple of nephews
1967 Yamaha YCS1 Bonanza
1980 KZ440B
1981 Yamaha XT250H
1981 KZ440 LTD project bike
1981 GPz550
2013 Yamaha FZ6R

Motorcycle cover 27 Oct 2022 20:05 #876096

• Ojisan rider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
I use this one from Amazon.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0183NQESM/ref...o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have two bikes with this cover. On my 89 ZX-7, it has more than enough to cover the whole bike. It's actually little bit too big for my taste, but working fine. It's little big, so I have a nylon rope holding it down on the middle as strong gust will flip the cover. On my 82 KZ/GPz, I don't have mirror install yet but the height is just enough. With the mirrors, I think it will be tad short from the ground. Length is more than enough, though. I can't say anything about width because I don't have mirrors yet.

In the first picture, the one in front is my KZ, and behind it is my ZX. I don't have the nylon rope around my ZX as I recently worked on my bike and will work on it again soon.

Last between three to five years in hot Hawaiian sun before it start falling apart (rip/tears).
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

Motorcycle cover 28 Oct 2022 06:16 #876101

• martin_csr
  • martin_csr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Thanks for the replies. I only searched CycleGear & one of the brands there. was kinda lazy. and even forgot to measure the motorcycle. hee.

ps:  I'm planning on getting one to protect the motorcycle from dog hair & dog drool in the garage, but may end up going w a good one so I can leave the motorcycle outside occasionally.  It's currently protected by a cheap HF moving blanket & towels but it's getting old doing that & the coverage isn't the best. doh.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Motorcycle cover 28 Oct 2022 08:26 #876108

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1765

Thanks for the replies. I only searched CycleGear & one of the brands there. was kinda lazy. and even forgot to measure the motorcycle. hee.

ps:  I'm planning on getting one to protect the motorcycle from dog hair & dog drool in the garage, but may end up going w a good one so I can leave the motorcycle outside occasionally.  It's currently protected by a cheap HF moving blanket & towels but it's getting old doing that & the coverage isn't the best. doh.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: martin_csr

Motorcycle cover 28 Oct 2022 09:48 #876113

• Injected
  • User
  • Thank you received: 385
I ride to my Swap Meet every year I can. KZ650 with rear rack. The rear rack does not go beyond the rear fender so it does not add to the length.

I bought one from my local dealer :

gearscanada.com/products/premium-motorcy...riant=16332993036399

I believe mine is a Medium. It says its 95" long, the 650 is only about 88-90" long depending on the model.

I don't have any good pictures with it covered... You can see a portion of  it here on the far right side :

Even with the fairing and the hard bags the original cover still fits good. It covers all the way down to the grass then I can tighten it down with the straps under the exhaust.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Injected.
  • Page: