Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Any painter here? 22 Apr 2022 01:21 #865928

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
If this kind of post doesn't belong here, please move it to the correct section.

Aloha guys. I recently acquired a front fender for my 750. No, it's not the correct fender, but it'll do the job for now. I'm gonna try fix the original fender I have. In the meantime, anybody want to paint my front fender? There's no paint shop here for motorcycle, and unless you know someone, auto body shop refuse to work on any parts that are brought in by customer. I did a search using google and whatever men I have for local shops, but it's either they don't want to do it, I have been there and quality wasn't there, took too much time or they only work on Harleys and mention of Japanese bike and they're ready to hang up the phone. So I have little choice left. Nothing fancy. Just two color painting. Kawasaki green with White stripe in the middle.

I can also do it myself as I do have necessary tools and gun, but I need to work on my DD Lincoln to replace the door latch/lock assembly as the one I have on the car is broken (it will unlock but does not lock using FOB), I need to replace the radiator on my 86' Monte Carlo SS as it have a leak and I can't pass my safety inspection because of this leak, and I also need to get new wheels for my SS as I can't find a tires for that car (it have 15-inch wheel and the tires for that size is more like rim protector. No performance tire for that size) so I'm searching on the net almost everyday to get the right size wheels from my front and rear (planning to get either 17 or 18 inch wheels and that's another story on the fitment). Best is to take the tires off and actually take a measurement for the backspacing of the wheels. So I really don't have time is the reason why I'm asking anybody want to do it.

Please let me know if anybody wants to do it. Oh, and BTW, I'm not planning to sell my Kidney, not just yet, so please keep it reasonable.
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any painter here? 22 Apr 2022 20:28 #865977

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

If this kind of post doesn't belong here, please move it to the correct section.

Aloha guys. I recently acquired a front fender for my 750. No, it's not the correct fender, but it'll do the job for now. I'm gonna try fix the original fender I have. In the meantime, anybody want to paint my front fender? There's no paint shop here for motorcycle, and unless you know someone, auto body shop refuse to work on any parts that are brought in by customer. I did a search using google and whatever men I have for local shops, but it's either they don't want to do it, I have been there and quality wasn't there, took too much time or they only work on Harleys and mention of Japanese bike and they're ready to hang up the phone. So I have little choice left. Nothing fancy. Just two color painting. Kawasaki green with White stripe in the middle.

I can also do it myself as I do have necessary tools and gun, but I need to work on my DD Lincoln to replace the door latch/lock assembly as the one I have on the car is broken (it will unlock but does not lock using FOB), I need to replace the radiator on my 86' Monte Carlo SS as it have a leak and I can't pass my safety inspection because of this leak, and I also need to get new wheels for my SS as I can't find a tires for that car (it have 15-inch wheel and the tires for that size is more like rim protector. No performance tire for that size) so I'm searching on the net almost everyday to get the right size wheels from my front and rear (planning to get either 17 or 18 inch wheels and that's another story on the fitment). Best is to take the tires off and actually take a measurement for the backspacing of the wheels. So I really don't have time is the reason why I'm asking anybody want to do it.

Please let me know if anybody wants to do it. Oh, and BTW, I'm not planning to sell my Kidney, not just yet, so please keep it reasonable.
Are you in Hawaii?
There's a member here getting a tank fixed and painted for his Z1A900 his forum name is MauiZ1. Here's his thread..   drop him a PM..

kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/616295-1973-z1-maui?start=0

Any painter here? 22 Apr 2022 21:06 #865982

• Ojisan rider
  • Sustaining Member
Thanks, but different island. Besides, I really don't trust the quality or the time they take to do anything here.

If push comes to shove, I'll do it myself but I rather, for now, send it  off so I can tackle other project I have. I really have to look into my SS wheels as I can't find any decent 15-inch tires any more. Recently, my right front start to develop a horrible vibration so wanted to change tire, but I couldn't find any, and I'm not talking local. Went to pretty much all over the net but tire I have (235/60/15) just not available. I found it maybe two from speed shop like Summit racing, but I have to pay close to $70 just to ship it here.

Also need to work on radiator, my DD Lincoln need attention, some parts that I order for both my KZ and ZX-7 came, so I need to work on that as well (Need to make custom hyd. line for my hyd clutch project. Not sure if it work, but if and when it does, I'll post it here. Also need to make custom rear brake line as the one I got from Venhill is tad too short).
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Any painter here? 23 Apr 2022 10:37 #866005

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
Material costs is a huge driver in the painting business. For example, unless the shop has its own mixing station, the minimum paint mix size is about one pint, which costs upwards of $100.  Add in the cost of epoxy primer and clear coat, and you are easily into $300+ just for materials to paint a fender.  

Any painter here? 23 Apr 2022 15:12 #866027

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

Material costs is a huge driver in the painting business. For example, unless the shop has its own mixing station, the minimum paint mix size is about one pint, which costs upwards of $100.  Add in the cost of epoxy primer and clear coat, and you are easily into $300+ just for materials to paint a fender.  

If your shops have mixing equipment/station, then they can mix any quantity, I can get any quantity I want, I used to quite often get samples mixed , usually 100ml , about a quarter of a pint. I have a 100mm sample of the blue I want to paint my bike sitting on the shelf next to me, I'm really not sure why they wouldn't do small batches, it very simple...

Any painter here? 23 Apr 2022 23:02 #866041

• Ojisan rider
  • Sustaining Member
Ness, I don't mind paying for it. Just not ready to sell my kidney yet. I rather pay $300 to member here that does decent job than paying it locally. That's how bad of a quality or I need to wait year for the fender (I'm not joking). Of course, less then that will be even great, but at the same time, I'm not ready to pay $5-600 of not knowing the quality of the work.

If not, it's OK. I'll try find one online and see what they'll quote me.

If all else fail, I'll just wait until I finish with all my project. Bike will have different looking fender, but hey, at least it's ridable.

• Page: