Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My 650sr tank, re-painted... 09 Oct 2005 21:55 #250

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
SIDE COVERS??????!!!???

Did I miss this somehow......'course, I been away from 'puter couple days as well.....Imagine my surprise logging on and getting "Archives" instead of forum....but I digress.

Paint looks way cool there, Ron. I also will mention the detailed "step-by-step" posts. From the outset of your project....you done a GREAT job each step of the way. Gave ME the kick in the *ss I needed to do me hugger. Good work on the whole "re-do". Now....why you didnt do this when ya painted the boys' bike!!??!!??!!?? THAT looks killer good!
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My 650sr tank, re-painted... 10 Oct 2005 06:39 #312

• ronboskz650sr
  • ronboskz650sr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Pat! Chris put his how-tos over in totalmotorcycle,com. I put just a couple of results pics over here. Here's what's up with the side covers. I sanded the contour lines on the bottom and rear edges completely out to a rounded surface. This required me to go all the way through all the paint into the plastic. The new look is a subtle swoop frop front to back as the top and front contours are intact. There is also the illusion of a larger side cover, for a beefier look. Breaking the layers on the two paint jobs already on it made it lift (used duplicolor lacquer on first try...should have thought about it...lacquer does that. SO... I'm using the fusion paint to recoat everything. It's enamel and sticks to plactic, too.

My 650sr tank, re-painted... 10 Oct 2005 09:42 #363

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
Wow.
Did you do that with a rattle can?
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

My 650sr tank, re-painted... 10 Oct 2005 15:18 #452

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
Yes, it's krylon interior/exterior spray paint. It's primed with krylon primer ruddy red, or something like that...didn't have the black primer at walmart.

My 650sr tank, re-painted... 16 Oct 2005 23:20 #2274

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Hey that looks GREAT. Nice job.
Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

My 650sr tank, re-painted... 17 Oct 2005 11:26 #2351

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
Thanks, Mark! Wow...you probably don't realize it, but your work IS the inspiration for me to mess with the cosmetics on my bike. So, your complement really hits deep. I don't mean to minimize any other people's work or their comments, as they all mean alot to me...it's just that I took note of your professional work with farings and paint immediately when I joined the site a year ago, and yours is the stand-out opinion for me. Thanks a bunch!

Post edited by: ronboskz650sr, at: 2005/10/17 14:28

• Page: