Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rickman on 650, and in Blue. 14 Feb 2006 06:03 #23770

• rstnick
  • rstnick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
I've been toying with gold ideas, flames, stripes, but I have not come up with anything I like. I did like one stripe on the chin scoop, in Gold of coarse, starting from the bottom front point and arcing up and back.

Any suugestions?
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickman on 650, and in Blue. 14 Feb 2006 06:27 #23773

• Tower_Monkey1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
That looks sweet, rob !! I too like the idea of gold on fairing, how about starting up top near the thin part by the windshield. Come down in a similar pattern like the tank ? . Wayne
78 KZ650C2 Dyna ignition and coils,Pod filters,4-1 Kerker,CBR Tail Light,Drilled front dics,Custom front fender,1/4 fairing.

Rickman on 650, and in Blue. 03 Mar 2006 21:18 #28051

• Blake_ae
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Wow. :woohoo:

Just wow. What a great improvement over the touring bike mode of last fall. Don't get me wrong, I'd take the touring bike more any day for longer trips, but for our rides, that bike is just all sexy now.

Well nicely done. You didn't even tell me! I saw your avatar and had to go looking to see if you photoshopped it.

Very nice, Rob.

Rickman on 650, and in Blue. 04 Mar 2006 04:14 #28095

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
That DO look good!!!! How about a shot or 2 of yer chin fairing mount? Did you have hardware or have to "invent" yer own? Have to cut it to clear the case-savers? Does it get to hot near the exhaust?? Too many questions I know.....
Any ways.....congrats on some fine work!
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

Rickman on 650, and in Blue. 04 Mar 2006 04:48 #28102

• rstnick
  • rstnick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
I was going to make up some brackets to mount it, but when I put it on temporarily last year I used white zip ties and it held/worked well. I have now mounted it with black zip ties. If it becomes a problem, I will try to make some brackets.

The top edges follows the two downtubes perfectly and did not need any trimming or adjustment.
The top centre portion needed some trimming around the 4 pipes to make sure nothing touched.
As well the centre bottom area need some trimming around the pipes for clearance.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Rickman on 650, and in Blue. 04 Mar 2006 06:38 #28126

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
Zip ties--the solution to 21st Century fastening problems. :woohoo:

Lookin' good Rob. Everything fits and looks great. I'm envious of you guys that can put things together like this. If I tried it, I'd wind up with Frankenbike. I guess I'll stick to stock. ;)

- Nate >>
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Rickman on 650, and in Blue. 04 Mar 2006 07:05 #28135

• Alex_KZ1K
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Zip ties rock. I keep a permanent stock of them in my garage in a variety of sizes and colors. I don't know what I would do without them! :laugh:

Rickman on 650, and in Blue. 04 Mar 2006 09:18 #28170

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
I was just looking at the pics of your bike again, and noticed that the side view is very deceiving.
The size of the fairing and angle of the windshield makes the fairing look almost freakishly huge and bulky, but the front view looks very slim and streamlined....killer job! B)

rstnick wrote:

I was going to make up some brackets to mount it, but when I put it on temporarily last year I used white zip ties and it held/worked well. I have now mounted it with black zip ties. If it becomes a problem, I will try to make some brackets.

Those zip-ties are just TEMPORARY, right?
I'd hate to see you post a thread saying the heat from the engine had caused the zip-ties to become brittle and break (which it WILL eventually do) and the chin scoop fell underneath your rear tire and caused you to crash and ruin that sweet looking bike. Or worse yet, severly hurting yourself. :unsure:
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ