Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tire size choice 12 Jun 2021 20:19 #850096

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
Why don't you just buy tires at a motorcycle shop in Hawaii?  Here are 3 shops that sell Pirelli motorcycle tires, which by the way are great.  Ed

www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/motorcycle/f...r?city=Hawaii%2C+USA
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tire size choice 12 Jun 2021 20:20 #850097

• Kidkawie
  • User
  • I bleed premix
  • Thank you received: 245
Look up a shipping service to Hawaii.  Im in eastern Europe and get stuff shipped to me on a regular basis.  I pay 8 bucks a kilo and have it in 14-16 days usually.  The company will provide you with a US shipping address and number.  Only time I have an issue is some things from Amazon will not ship there.
1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

Tire size choice 13 Jun 2021 03:03 #850101

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63

Why don't you just buy tires at a motorcycle shop in Hawaii?  Here are 3 shops that sell Pirelli motorcycle tires, which by the way are great.  Ed

www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/motorcycle/f...r?city=Hawaii%2C+USA

One of the big reason I don't buy anything here is the price. I usually get things cheaper, even I pay for the shipping. Only thing I buy locally is food and gas. Or something that I need right away. Otherwise, I get it online.

One other thing. Help local by buying local? You GOT to try the service(s) here. Remember. If I don't like their service(s), it's not like I can go to next city or state and everybody knows this. Most of the place, they treat the customer like sh*t. Try walk into any shop or dealer parts counter.  Sounds like I have a problem, right?  Trust me. You GOT to try the service(s) here.

Anyway, I know one place who does pretty good service, so I'll try there.  I'm hoping that I don't have to sell my Kidney to get those tires.....................

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Last edit: by Ojisan rider.

Tire size choice 13 Jun 2021 05:52 #850105

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
I try to go local on stuff if I can but all the Kawasaki shops around me have all closed and the Suzuki shop stopped selling bikes and is focused on quads,
their parts department is hit or miss depending on who is working and forget about tires or mounting, the only time I used them was for my wife's first bike spent way to much on mounting rims I brought  in and the new/old front tire had dry rot cracks on it from the start and the weights where a joke.
So it is pretty much down to fork oil at this point 

78 KZ1000 A2A

Last edit: by bluej58.

Tire size choice 13 Jun 2021 10:29 #850122

• urankjj
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 192
Here is a 120/90H-18. They do ship to Hawaii but you need to contact them for a quote. They are in So-Cal so maybe it will be reasonable ? Good luck.     Kenda K657 Challenger 120/90H-18 - 046571812C1 (socalpowersports.com)

Tire size choice 15 Jun 2021 00:13 #850214

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks guys for the info.

I'll go to this one place I trust tomorrow (Tuesday). I trust them, but I know I'll pay for it. I found couple places that sell and ship to Hawaii and with shipping, came out to about $250, so if I can get both tire around there, I'll probably buy from them. If not, I'll try So-Cal (thanks urankjj) and see how much it cost.

I'm about to put the engine back into the frame but without those tires, kinda hard to do................
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

• Page: