Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Calling DR. Gamma, Or Any SuperBike Historians? "OZ" Italian Mag Wheel??? 18 Apr 2021 08:16 #846975

• z1kzonly
  • z1kzonly's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512
Looking for Information on this Italian "OZ" Motorbike Company Mag wheel? I did not realize what it was until I pulled it off of a roller I bought for the frame & title. I've got a few replies over on the book place that I posted also, nothing telling?
But it is clearly an "OZ" Italian made, Forged, 5 spoke, 1.85" x 19" front rim for 4 bolt Big KZ Kawasaki Discs 1976-80.
Looks to be an '80' embossed with some dots on a scale for production date code?
Not sure if magnesium? Or just aluminum. I am going to take tire off, clean it up, check it for trueness etc. Give the inside a scratch test?
Someone had taken the time to put these drilled, thinner 5mm discs on and safety wire tie them up! And I see through the axle hole a nice newer blue sealed axle bearing. Plus this LTD style fender is fiberglass. This was on a 76 KZ900 frame. The rear wheel is a stock spoke. So who knows what the previous people had in mind?
I have no information? As I got it from another guy who had it sitting for years who purchased it just for the engine. I was chasing this down for years. I actually posted this bike in Dec. of 2019. It had the rear triangle brackets cut off, which I have a set to repair this frame now.
Oh well, Just typing away.
Hoping someone can enlighten me with some more information.
Most likely will be sold on eBay after I clean and inspect it. Going to leave it with discs intact.
Thanks in Advance. I am sure Dr. Gamma will know about "OZ" wheels.
Quick phone pics.
Thanks.
Marty in Buffalo.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Calling DR. Gamma, Or Any SuperBike Historians? "OZ" Italian Mag Wheel??? 18 Apr 2021 08:21 #846976

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: z1kzonly

Calling DR. Gamma, Or Any SuperBike Historians? "OZ" Italian Mag Wheel??? 18 Apr 2021 08:29 #846978

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
Hi Ed, I did see this site, all new products. Nice Stuff! Crazy Money!  I am hoping to find old info, and even see a matching rear rim as a set hopefully in a picture. I would assume most of these OZ rims are in other Countries outside of the USA, Europe, Japan, Italy etc. I never followed road racing, superbikes etc. back in the beginning. Only the drag racing side of the Mighty Z.
Thanks Ed! Your always great for chiming in with help and info!
Marty
Starts everytime!

Calling DR. Gamma, Or Any SuperBike Historians? "OZ" Italian Mag Wheel??? 18 Apr 2021 11:21 #846990

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
Well I guess a new set of "OZ" wheels is off my list of wants.  Lord those are expensive.....

Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Calling DR. Gamma, Or Any SuperBike Historians? "OZ" Italian Mag Wheel??? 18 Apr 2021 15:55 #846999

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 664

Looking for Information on this Italian "OZ" Motorbike Company Mag wheel? I did not realize what it was until I pulled it off of a roller I bought for the frame & title. I've got a few replies over on the book place that I posted also, nothing telling?
But it is clearly an "OZ" Italian made, Forged, 5 spoke, 1.85" x 19" front rim for 4 bolt Big KZ Kawasaki Discs 1976-80.
Looks to be an '80' embossed with some dots on a scale for production date code?
Not sure if magnesium? Or just aluminum. I am going to take tire off, clean it up, check it for trueness etc. Give the inside a scratch test?
Someone had taken the time to put these drilled, thinner 5mm discs on and safety wire tie them up! And I see through the axle hole a nice newer blue sealed axle bearing. Plus this LTD style fender is fiberglass. This was on a 76 KZ900 frame. The rear wheel is a stock spoke. So who knows what the previous people had in mind?
I have no information? As I got it from another guy who had it sitting for years who purchased it just for the engine. I was chasing this down for years. I actually posted this bike in Dec. of 2019. It had the rear triangle brackets cut off, which I have a set to repair this frame now.
Oh well, Just typing away.
Hoping someone can enlighten me with some more information.
Most likely will be sold on eBay after I clean and inspect it. Going to leave it with discs intact.
Thanks in Advance. I am sure Dr. Gamma will know about "OZ" wheels.
Quick phone pics.
Thanks.
Marty in Buffalo.

PM sent.

PM sent.
1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.

Last edit: by Dr. Gamma.

Calling DR. Gamma, Or Any SuperBike Historians? "OZ" Italian Mag Wheel??? 19 Apr 2021 05:35 #847019

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
Hi Dr Bob, I tried to reply, but I never have luck with outgoing replies? Always get a red whatever that word scramble is with submit?
But yes, this is just an aluminum cast wheel. Just different with the 5 spoke.
Would look good all freshly glass beaded.
Thanks for the info.
Marty in Buffalo
Starts everytime!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Gamma

Calling DR. Gamma, Or Any SuperBike Historians? "OZ" Italian Mag Wheel??? 19 Apr 2021 06:41 #847021

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103
Now that's Italian - www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels-brands

"OZ MOTORBIKE - F1 technology applied to motorcycles -- an exclusive collection entirely dedicated to the world of bikes. Winning wheels in the global racing arena: more than 70% of MotoGP riders run on OZ Racing wheels."

Never seen one, bet they were expensive back in the day.

Calling DR. Gamma, Or Any SuperBike Historians? "OZ" Italian Mag Wheel??? 19 Apr 2021 09:57 #847033

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 664
OZ wheels were used on many Formula 1 cars back in the 90's.

Michael Schumacher's '93 Benetton B-193 with OZ wheels.

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.
Attachments:

• Page: