Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Valve stem/core 05 Mar 2021 18:12 #844460

• azman857
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Shinko's are good tires and I have run both 712's and 230's. Both follow grooves though. I'm running 777's now and the following problem is gone!
I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Valve stem/core 05 Mar 2021 21:13 #844464

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63

TexasKZ wrote: Here are some less expensive options. Where clearance is tight, I really like the metal ones with the 90 degree bend.

www.denniskirk.com/search/Valve+stem.q

Thanks. I was looking into that and others as well. Trying to weight between OEM and aftermarket. Found some cheaper OEM on evilbay. I may have to buy more stuff from Partzilla as well, so I may go that route.

Also, thanks for the tire info guys. But boy, we have so many choices now. When I was riding, choices were pretty limited. I think Metz was the choice back then. Anyway, I haven't got to that point yet, hopefully, shipping won't kill the good deal....................
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Valve stem/core 07 Mar 2021 20:35 #844549

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
  • Thank you received: 222
I'm restoring a bike and went with Continental Conti Motion tires. They were $177 US for both. I haven't ridden on them yet so I can't say how they are.
I have the Conti Road Attack 3 on my other bike but they are over $300 for both. Great tires though, will buy again for that bike.

The Conti Motion I bought through MotoSport and the date codes were 2019.
I had previously bought from somebody else, twice!, and sent both sets back because they had 2017 dates.
"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)

• Page: