• Page:

TOPIC:

respoking wheels? 06 Nov 2005 05:25 #6784

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
John-

Spoke&nipple prices I'm finding make no sense.
$6 per spoke_nipple seems right only if parts
are turned.

AFAIK these parts are made by cold forging blanks which are cut from wire and actual manufacturing cost is on order of a few cents/each in million piece quantities. A plain steel or Nickel plated kit should have enviable wholesale and retail margins at $20-$30wheel

The demand must be really low.

If I can get the CB650 going for not too many $ I'm just gonna hunt up some used 17" alloy wheels and put the savingstoward better quality tires. If kits were $30/wheel I'd relace them but $90(Nickel plated steel) is crazy.

Parts prices? I need two small plastic 'T' for fuel distribution to carbs. They go between left and right pair of Kehins. $22/each from Honda. I can cut 4 grooves for O-rings and braze up two brass T's in an less than an hour.

-Duck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

respoking wheels? 25 Nov 2005 17:09 #10235

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
supply and demand,theres a lot more small block chevys being rebuilt than z1s,now if youre trying to collect parts for a 482" 409 chevy i can build another 1428 turbo motor cheaper than i can build my motor for my "55 chevy!

respoking wheels? 28 Nov 2005 08:01 #10643

• KzJim
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Naiveté in grownups is often charming, but when coupled with vanity, it is indistinguishable from stupidity.
Tis better to remain silent and thought a fool - than to speak up and remove all doubt.
Did ever think that maybe you've been doing it wrong all these years?

respoking wheels? 30 Nov 2005 22:47 #11220

• CruisingRam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
Wow- have you ordered from them? Way cheaper than Buchanan for a more custom wheels! Those excel rims are great1
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

respoking wheels? 02 Dec 2005 05:54 #11404

• KzJim
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I havent placed an order yet.. they are working on finding a front hub for me XS650 project... they have good prices and a good selection..
Naiveté in grownups is often charming, but when coupled with vanity, it is indistinguishable from stupidity.
Tis better to remain silent and thought a fool - than to speak up and remove all doubt.
Did ever think that maybe you've been doing it wrong all these years?

• Page: