• Page:

TOPIC:

Turn signals not working 09 Aug 2006 05:08 #68214

• minutiesabotage
  • minutiesabotage's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
No, hazards do not work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turn signals not working 09 Aug 2006 06:18 #68231

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
One of the reasons turn signal questions don't get answers is that the turn signal system has been explained a ZILLION times as has trouble shooting. I may write a turn signal trouble shoot filebase article at some point. I have explained how the turn signal trouble shooting works within the past week so please look through fairly current posts. Inline79 explained pretty much how the turn signals work.

The turn signals are independent of the emergency flasher system. That system only shares the turn signals and bulbs. The turn signal is part of the "BROWN" sub-circuit system off the ignition switch and the emergency flashers are off the "ORANGE/GREEN" sub-circuit off the ignition switch.

If after looking through past posts, and you still can't figure out how to troubleshoot the problem, let me know. It isn't all that complicated.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Turn signals not working 09 Aug 2006 07:32 #68246

• Mandrake
  • User
I went through a similar issue and found that a volt meter and some patience did the trick. I ended up opening the control unit and testing the leads in all the different configuations until I found the problem. In my case the hazards were wired improperly (I assume it had something to do with the Police lights) at the controls.

Best Wishes

Turn signals not working 09 Aug 2006 08:31 #68266

• minutiesabotage
  • User
I apologize for being a N00b George, but I did try to search for my problem. Obviously I missed it.

Turn signals not working 12 Aug 2006 00:16 #68874

• inline79
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Heh, it's true, wiredgeorge has explained the turn signal system a couple other times in the past couple weeks, it's no wonder he's a bit tired of it.

It looks like what is really needed isn't more info about how the electrical systems work, but how to read the wiring diagrams and then troubleshoot ANY electrical system.

minutiesabotage, could you open up the Z1000K1 wiring diagram in the filebase and try to follow along? I could fish this one for you, but you'd only eat for one day... if you know what I mean.

On your wiring diagram, if you follow the grey and green wires from your turn signal bulbs back into the handlebar control you'll see they split into the hazard and turn signal switches in the control. That neither your hazards or turns work says there _might_ be a break from the handlebar control to the bulbs. There could be a break anywhere in there actually. The challenge is cracking your control open to fix it . You know, it may even be related to why you can't open it up.

Hope this helps.

Turn signals not working 14 Aug 2006 19:50 #69498

• minutiesabotage
  • User
Yes, that wiring diagram helps much more than the one in my Clymer. That one is black and white and impossible to follow.

• Page: