Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

7th Gear Designs 14 Nov 2022 07:59 #876809

• Feanor_twh
  • Feanor_twh's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9

He said he still isn't shipping ignitions because he is still waiting for the parts that he has been waiting on for many months. The gmail address in the first post is still his preferred email, but at least we know his phone works too. I can't explain why he hasn't replied to you, but it might be just because nothing has changed. Hopefully the supply chain issues will be remedied soon. If you sent an email to the Ignition List email given above you should get notified when that happens.
Ok, this changes the issue status from "lost" to "waiting". I'll wait for news from Jim, my ignition points will still last a little longer.

Thanks 82KZ305Belt.

I also think this forum is great.
(1976) Kawasaki KZ400-D3. All original, but: electronic reg/rec (Oregon Motorcycle Parts), new handlebar controls (w/ PASS/HORN/lights switch, LED dash lights (superbrightleds.com), Dynatek coil (3ohm), MAC mufflers, HEL brake hoses, rubber fork boots, 4.00 rear tyre (Dunlop K70), chromed chainguard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7th Gear Designs 14 Nov 2022 09:30 #876820

• Nerdy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 378

Where I work, we can't purchase some specific electronic components we need due to lingering C-19 supply chain problems.  Out of desperation, to support our aftermarket customers, we are investigating salvaging components from out of date PCB's.  It's a pretty involved process, including sending donor boards out to have the conformal coating stripped, pre-heating the board in an "airbath", then removing the components.  Pure craziness.  Anyway, shortages of electronic components is REAL these days.

Are those SMT or through-hole components? Seems like through-hole types would be easier to reclaim but this isn't my area.
1979 KZ400 Gifted to a couple of nephews
1967 Yamaha YCS1 Bonanza
1980 KZ440B
1981 Yamaha XT250H
1981 KZ440 LTD project bike
1981 GPz550
2013 Yamaha FZ6R

7th Gear Designs 15 Nov 2023 09:08 #891732

• Feanor_twh
  • User
Exactly one year later, I still haven't received anything. I wrote to Jim, no response, he must be very busy.

Can someone do me the favor of calling him again so I can clarify what is happening? I will be very grateful, I do not speak English fluently enough to start a telephone conversation.

This appears to be the number: 626.825.9039. My name is Valeriano, I already made the payment... two years ago.
(1976) Kawasaki KZ400-D3. All original, but: electronic reg/rec (Oregon Motorcycle Parts), new handlebar controls (w/ PASS/HORN/lights switch, LED dash lights (superbrightleds.com), Dynatek coil (3ohm), MAC mufflers, HEL brake hoses, rubber fork boots, 4.00 rear tyre (Dunlop K70), chromed chainguard

7th Gear Designs 15 Nov 2023 09:18 #891734

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1772

Exactly one year later, I still haven't received anything. I wrote to Jim, no response, he must be very busy.

Can someone do me the favor of calling him again so I can clarify what is happening? I will be very grateful, I do not speak English fluently enough to start a telephone conversation.

This appears to be the number: 626.825.9039. My name is Valeriano, I already made the payment... two years ago.
Your patients is admirable 

7th Gear Designs 15 Nov 2023 16:30 #891739

• Feanor_twh
  • User

Your patients is admirable 
It is a rare product to see, I think there are no other options currently to replace the contact points AND ignition advance.

Basically I had no other option haha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

7th Gear Designs 24 Nov 2023 17:26 #892020

• Feanor_twh
  • User

Can someone do me that favor? It's just a phone call and it would be of great help to me.

7th Gear Designs 29 Nov 2023 14:20 #892204

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277

Just tried calling. The phone still works. His machine answered but couldnt leave a message as his messages were full. 

Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

7th Gear Designs 29 Nov 2023 14:20 #892205

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member

Just tried calling. The phone still works. His machine answered but couldnt leave a message as his messages were full. 

Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feanor_twh

7th Gear Designs 29 Nov 2023 14:20 #892206

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member

Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

7th Gear Designs 29 Nov 2023 16:10 #892209

• Feanor_twh
  • User

Thanks friend. If you want to try it in a few days, I will be grateful.
The full messages isn't a good sign, there will be more people with my situation. Maybe the company has had problems.

Last edit: by Feanor_twh.

7th Gear Designs 29 Nov 2023 18:01 #892215

• Nerdy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 378

The full messages isn't a good sign, there will be more people with my situation. Maybe the company has had problems.

I ordered two KZ400/440 ignition kits in March or April of 2022. At the time the owner was having a lot of trouble getting specific parts, so my order was delayed several weeks. Then I saw a message on the web site that he would stop taking new orders on 30 April 2022, but he planned to start taking orders again in September 2022. My order was shipped before he shut down and I didn't look at his site much after that. A couple months ago it looked like the site was gone or down, but it seems to have come back.

There were times when I was waiting for my order that the voice message box was full, too.
1979 KZ400 Gifted to a couple of nephews
1967 Yamaha YCS1 Bonanza
1980 KZ440B
1981 Yamaha XT250H
1981 KZ440 LTD project bike
1981 GPz550
2013 Yamaha FZ6R

7th Gear Designs 30 Nov 2023 06:03 #892220

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member

Thanks friend. If you want to try it in a few days, I will be grateful.

Not sure why it posted three times.Must have screwed up on my end somehow. Will try again in a few days.
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feanor_twh

Last edit: by riturbo.