Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

7th Gear Designs 25 Oct 2022 15:29 #876010

• Feanor_twh
  • Feanor_twh's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9
I contacted Jim at 7thGearDesigns to get an ignition kit for my Kawa KZ400, which I find to be a great option due to its electronic ignition advance system (I think there aren't any other manufacturers that offer this at the moment). But after asking him recently about the status of the order, I didn't received a response.

Does anyone know if he is using a different contact address than this one?
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This other one hasn't worked for a long time, or at least it didn't work when I wrote to it there a long time ago.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
(1976) Kawasaki KZ400-D3. All original, but: electronic reg/rec (Oregon Motorcycle Parts), new handlebar controls (w/ PASS/HORN/lights switch, LED dash lights (superbrightleds.com), Dynatek coil (3ohm), MAC mufflers, HEL brake hoses, rubber fork boots, 4.00 rear tyre (Dunlop K70), chromed chainguard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7th Gear Designs 25 Oct 2022 18:07 #876018

• Nerdy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 379
I ordered from him in the spring, and he was about to stop taking orders. This is currently on the site:

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT DUE TO SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES FOR A LARGE PORTION OF OUR COMPONENTS WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY ORDERS AFTER APRIL 1ST. WE ANTICIPATE BEING ABLE TO RESUME TAKING ORDERS AS SOON AS MATERIALS ARE AVALIABLE. IF YOU'D LIKE TO INFORMED WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO BEGIN SHIPPING AGAIN PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL AT This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
1979 KZ400 Gifted to a couple of nephews
1967 Yamaha YCS1 Bonanza
1980 KZ440B
1981 Yamaha XT250H
1981 KZ440 LTD project bike
1981 GPz550
2013 Yamaha FZ6R

7th Gear Designs 28 Oct 2022 07:23 #876106

• Feanor_twh
  • User
I wrote to this mail

but unfortunately it doesn't work either. The server has returned the message, as happened with the other mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
(1976) Kawasaki KZ400-D3. All original, but: electronic reg/rec (Oregon Motorcycle Parts), new handlebar controls (w/ PASS/HORN/lights switch, LED dash lights (superbrightleds.com), Dynatek coil (3ohm), MAC mufflers, HEL brake hoses, rubber fork boots, 4.00 rear tyre (Dunlop K70), chromed chainguard

Last edit: by Feanor_twh.

7th Gear Designs 12 Nov 2022 08:22 #876695

• Feanor_twh
  • User
If anyone finds out anything please let me know.
Not only is the money wasted for the unreceived order but I don't know of another manufacturer that makes electronic ignitions for a KZ400.
And I am not referring to transistorized ignitions (those do exist) but to a CDI.

7th Gear Designs 12 Nov 2022 09:24 #876701

• 82KZ305Belt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35
Surely someone remembers when telephones were used to call people? His number is listed on his web page. Facebook page too.

Try that, and if its a bad number I have a very old email address for him that probably won't work

Last edit: by 82KZ305Belt.

7th Gear Designs 13 Nov 2022 03:07 #876735

• Feanor_twh
  • User
The problem is that I am from Spain and if it is difficult for me to write in English, to speak is directly impossible.

If anyone could call and ask what's going on, I'd be very grateful.

7th Gear Designs 13 Nov 2022 07:32 #876746

• 82KZ305Belt
  • User

The problem is that I am from Spain and if it is difficult for me to write in English, to speak is directly impossible.

If anyone could call and ask what's going on, I'd be very grateful.

I'll call him for you later today or on Monday and see if he has updated contact info. Its still early morning there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feanor_twh

7th Gear Designs 13 Nov 2022 09:57 #876756

• 82KZ305Belt
  • User
His phone is working and voicemail still mentions 7th gear. I left a message and asked him to get back to me with his preferred contact info because people are trying to reach him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feanor_twh

7th Gear Designs 13 Nov 2022 12:10 #876765

• Feanor_twh
  • User
Thanks mate. I'll be pending.

Last edit: by Feanor_twh.

7th Gear Designs 13 Nov 2022 17:02 #876790

• 82KZ305Belt
  • User
He said he still isn't shipping ignitions because he is still waiting for the parts that he has been waiting on for many months. The gmail address in the first post is still his preferred email, but at least we know his phone works too. I can't explain why he hasn't replied to you, but it might be just because nothing has changed. Hopefully the supply chain issues will be remedied soon. If you sent an email to the Ignition List email given above you should get notified when that happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nerdy, Feanor_twh

Last edit: by 82KZ305Belt.

7th Gear Designs 13 Nov 2022 18:32 #876793

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1856
This is what make our forum so good. Members helping members… Thank you
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nerdy, Wookie58, Feanor_twh

7th Gear Designs 14 Nov 2022 07:32 #876806

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2674
Where I work, we can't purchase some specific electronic components we need due to lingering C-19 supply chain problems.  Out of desperation, to support our aftermarket customers, we are investigating salvaging components from out of date PCB's.  It's a pretty involved process, including sending donor boards out to have the conformal coating stripped, pre-heating the board in an "airbath", then removing the components.  Pure craziness.  Anyway, shortages of electronic components is REAL these days.