Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just installed Dyna2000 on 81' GPZ1100 27 May 2022 15:13 #867756

• 577nitro
  • 577nitro's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 55
I finished the wiring and mounting of my Dyna2000 system.  I found a cool and factory looking way to mount the ignition.  I used a dead ECU FI box that I removed all the dead boards from.  The Dyna2000 fit perfectly, I velcroed it in, and faced the connector out the interface hole.  Sealed and mounted just like factory.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just installed Dyna2000 on 81' GPZ1100 27 May 2022 15:33 #867758

• Elfarm98648
  • User
  • Thank you received: 59
That looks awesome man! The only thing I would be worried about is heat. I would be curious as to how it retains heat in that box. Other than that it looks awesome!

Just installed Dyna2000 on 81' GPZ1100 27 May 2022 15:42 #867759

• 577nitro
  • User
Good point, might drill some vent holes to some air flow.

577nitro.

Just installed Dyna2000 on 81' GPZ1100 29 May 2022 00:39 #867847

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1764

That looks awesome man! The only thing I would be worried about is heat. I would be curious as to how it retains heat in that box. Other than that it looks awesome!
The ECU box is made of alloy to act as a heat sink (as long as what's inside is physically mounted to it). Very clean job by the way 

Just installed Dyna2000 on 81' GPZ1100 03 Jun 2022 14:20 #868162

• 577nitro
  • User

The ECU box is made of alloy to act as a heat sink (as long as what's inside is physically mounted to it). Very clean job by the way 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

I left it as is, there is metal to metal contact and it basically became a heat sink...it never really got that warm.   I finished the installation,
it came out pretty clean.   One thing that caused some issues were the instructions for setting the static timing, I found that I had to adjust both the
pickup mount and the pickup sensors themselves.  As you can see in the photo, the screw driver is pointing to the sensor, which has to be adjusted to match
the other one for a perfect 180 degrees delta.  Mine were off quite a bit from the factory.  The other confusion is exactly where the sensor actually triggers
on the rotor.  There is a magnet in the rotor, which can be seen as a dimple or filled in hole.  The trigger point is (for mine) right at the edge of hole (you can see the marks I made), and you have to know this to set the static timing for each sensor.  I set mine to 37.5 degrees, which is in the middle of the recommended range of 35 to 40 degrees.  There are two tack sensor wires, one two pulses per rotation and the other one pulse....on the GPZ its is the single pulse.   I also
set the curve to #4 which is the 2 valve unmodified setting.   Other thing I found out is that DyanTech recommends 2.2 ohm coils for the best spark. 
It fired right up, no problems, haven't ridden it yet as the weather has been crappy this week.  The weekend looks promising, if ride I'll give a report on performance.  

Next up on mods are the S1 replica lower triple clamps, S1 replica bars, and the ELR/B2 style instruments cluster.

Attachments:

Just installed Dyna2000 on 81' GPZ1100 04 Jun 2022 13:23 #868234

• 577nitro
  • User
Just got off the bike from a test run with the dyna200 installed...all I can say is Wow...just Wow...   Goes like a raped ape...power everywhere now no stumbles coughs nothing.  It pulls hard all the way to red now.  worth every penny...I'm now getting one for all of my oldies.

Next up....is bathtub head with hot street and k410 cam and probably bump in cc with higher compression.
Also I'm looking for a ELR style seat  cover to convert the gpz one.   It just sits too high to get a knee down.

i give the Dyna2000 two thumbs up!

577nitro
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOHC

• Page: