Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kz550 led turn signal converstion 30 Aug 2020 15:43 #834022

• Triplekick
  • Triplekick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 83 kz550 and need help with the led turn signal converstion. I had no problem putting in a 7” led headlight. But when I put led turn signals and tail lights the right side is the only one that works. And the hazards work when they want to. Am I having a grounding issue because the original turn signals had a ground and the two wires or do I need a electrical led flasher relay or upgrade my voltage regulator? Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kz550 led turn signal converstion 22 Sep 2020 06:23 #835527

• kawasexy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hello! it sounds like you might have a wiring issue if only one side is flashing, so I would double check everything is wired up correctly. an LED flasher relay wouldn't hurt either. I had a similar problem on my '79 kz200 (all turn signals were flashing at once) and when I removed the OEM bulb in the instrument cluster the problem was solved. I then replaced that bulb with an equivalent LED bulb and all four turn signals work perfectly! I believe your bike has left and right turn signal indicators so i would try removing both bulbs and/or replacing them with LED bulbs and see if that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: