Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

correct(ish) setting for.... 19 Nov 2021 19:12 #858097

• rebreath
  • rebreath's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
air mix screws on a 1980 kz 650 ltd. I can find info for the bings on my other bike but not for the carbs on my kz. Also anyone happen to know(or where to find) what would be a correct(ish) reading for an exhaust gas analyzer  for each exhaust? This bike has the original 4 to 2 setup. so any readings will be for two carbs at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

correct(ish) setting for.... 21 Nov 2021 12:06 #858157

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 366
Not sure if this will be of any help or not.  The KZ650 LTD is sort of a confusing model.  In the US market it was known as the E1 model for 1980, but was also offer in other markets in 78 79 as was much like the SR (D) models.  There are some differences between rear tire size and the number of front disks, and shoe or disk in the rear.  If your bike is an E1 it would of come stock with an accelerator pump on the carbs and the air screw will have a plug over it.  The carb settings tables from the manuals do not indicate what the air screw settings are for any of the accelerator pump carb with the plug over the air screw.  

I have attached a jpg image of several different FSM carb tables one of which does list the E1 model.  Also there should be an ID stamped on the carbs on the flange below the choke lever and if you post it I may be able to tell you more.  The second attachment shows where this ID is stamped.  Keep in mind it could be on the outside of carb #4 instead.
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT
Attachments:

correct(ish) setting for.... 26 Nov 2021 13:22 #858355

• rebreath
  • rebreath's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
finally got a minute to go and look for those numbers on the flange. I have included those pics. I found numbers on both sides of the carb bank. It is an E1 version with afuel pump, but it also has what look like air mix screws on the sides of each carb with no evidence of having been plugged. of course it just got winterlike so I wont be able to play with any settings until a warmish day or spring....whichever comes first, lol. 
Attachments:

• Page: