Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is this a good carb kit for a stock 440 LTD? 16 Oct 2021 13:13 #856721

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2676
Z1 was selling some carbs kits a while back that had a pretty much every brass part in the carbs.  The kits listed in the first post don't have that level of coverage and because of that I think that's why they say they are intermediate kits.

When you take the carbs apart look for cracks in the float bowl overflow tubes.  That's extremely common with old Keihin carbs.  Replacing the tubes if they are cracked is pretty easy so don't worry if you find any.  Also, check out the fuel inlet Tee for cracks in the plastic nipple.  That's very common too.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is this a good carb kit for a stock 440 LTD? 18 Oct 2021 06:29 #856773

• Mitragorz
  • Mitragorz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

Z1 was selling some carbs kits a while back that had a pretty much every brass part in the carbs.  The kits listed in the first post don't have that level of coverage and because of that I think that's why they say they are intermediate kits.

When you take the carbs apart look for cracks in the float bowl overflow tubes.  That's extremely common with old Keihin carbs.  Replacing the tubes if they are cracked is pretty easy so don't worry if you find any.  Also, check out the fuel inlet Tee for cracks in the plastic nipple.  That's very common too.  
Gotcha.  I was thinking 'intermediate' as in different stages of jetting.  Like Stock, Intermediate, and Performance or something like that.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: