Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TK-22 Carburetor Kits 05 Jan 2021 04:30 #841197

• Wagner
  • Wagner's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Where would be the most reputable place on line to buy TK-22 carburetor kits for a 1981 KZ550 LTD. I live in canada. The recommended kits from Loudhvx are the K&L rebuild kit 18-2462 or Keyster rebuild kit KK-0049. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TK-22 Carburetor Kits 05 Jan 2021 05:07 #841199

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008
You can try this place. I have bought from them many times, but don't know if they sell TK22 kits. If not, try the Keyster main site at the second link.

japan.webike.net/brd/KEYSTER/1941/

www.keyster-carb.com/en/index.html

I used to live in Squamish and once had 4 day delivery from them on a Z1 part.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wagner

TK-22 Carburetor Kits 05 Jan 2021 06:42 #841202

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
I rebuilt a set not too long ago and used Keyster kits. Ebay is full of them for good prices.

I recommend against using the jets unless you have no other choice and I strongly recommend breaking up the gang and replacing the fuel Tee and transfer tube O-rings (the kits won't have those.) Also, check out the choke butterfly valves carefully because the pin likes to walk out and then the butterfly can fall out and get ingested by the engine. I staked and glued the pins in place on the set I redid.

TK-22 Carburetor Kits 05 Jan 2021 13:27 #841209

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I think the last time I got K&L kits, Z1 Enterprises had them. That would have been before they were bought out by the current company that owns Z1ent and Mike's XS etc.

The Keyster kits I had probably came from ebay and they were legit. Later I bought the unbranded Keyster lookalike kits on ebay, and they were terrible. They can be identified by the plain white box, but still have a Keyster part number.

• Page: