Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Z1 - Single carb mod 31 May 2006 18:45 #51273

• The Milkman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 194
Yes, Rob I'm still using it. Starts better, idles better, has better low end torgue, better mieage, and much simpler to adjust, forget about synching. As far as why there are your answers, that and I was told by many that it couldn't be done. So I had to prove them wrong,, :laugh: .
It can sit out in the weather for days, set the choke, it's running in half a crank.
It is a stromberg carb off of a triumph or so it was advertised on Ebay. I was told it was off a 1500 so I figured it would deliver plenty of fuel. Worked out good. Simple manifold but, it works fine for me.
Ride safe,
Les
Oh, one other thing, I didn't do it for speed. I would just rather ride the bike instead of working on it all the time, other than routine maintenance.
But, I have no problem at all keeping up with or passing traffic when need be on I 95. That's good enough for me. ;)

Post edited by: The Milkman, at: 2006/05/31 21:50
78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1 - Single carb mod 31 May 2006 20:33 #51300

• agawam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I have been thinking about doing something like that with the small rochester 2GC from a 283 chevy and building a dual plane type intake so each carb port feeds two cylinders. if I add another venturi inside the runners it should remix the air/fuel mixture and add speed to the delivery to the port,the 2GC may be too large for a 4cyl kaw, so my thought was to sleeve the trottle openings and make some smaller plates, very small jets are available, so I think its possible, the runners could be almost staight and paired for fire order and equal lenth

Z1 - Single carb mod 31 May 2006 20:56 #51305

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
I've got to say, it's really fun reading this thread.

There's some interesting ideas being tossed about, and it has me thinking of all kinds of weird configurations - modded collectors, venturis, splitter plates, intake velocity ramps (the last two coming from jet engine air intakes)...

It's more of a mental exercise for me as I'm pretty happy with the setup I've got, but my hat's off to innovative thinking, guys...

Z1 - Single carb mod 16 May 2010 07:44 #368244

• mart13
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
that would look dam cool on my bike B) i might have to do this mod at some point in the future

• Page: