Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

inline gas filter 16 Apr 2006 15:11 #39962

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Alright, you guys have got me convinced, I'm going to go for 'em. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

inline gas filter 16 Apr 2006 15:15 #39966

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
True Harry, but on some bikes the fuel tap outlet itself is actually at or below the top of the carb rack.
Perhaps not enough to actually influence gravity alone, but with the fuel line then routed up and over the carbs, and at an odd angle depending on which way the outlet nipple on the fuel tap faces plus fuel line length, just might be enough to make a difference? :huh:
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

inline gas filter 17 Apr 2006 14:12 #40267

• patmann
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Sandy wrote:

Like these Russel filters and lines.I had these on My carbs the year before last,before I put My 29's on...bigger fuel-line size on the 29's(5/16),so I couldn't use these ones(1/4)...still for sale,actually...used for one season...:whistle:
U2U Me if interested.I listed them back on the old KZR board,but I don't think I had any hits...still in new condition...:whistle: ...:lol:

Sandy, HOW did you fit those between/over/under your carbs ??!!?:S I have problems fitting everything in there with my small filters!! Or do they just LOOK big??
By the way.. what are you asking for them:whistle:
Remember I'm in the USA..
Pat

Post edited by: patmann, at: 2006/04/17 17:14
1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

inline gas filter 17 Apr 2006 15:29 #40286

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
Sandy, looks like a porous bronze element. Depending on the mfg. the beading will filter to a certain micron, did the mfg. make any claim on this? Cheap ones tend to have flaws in them, gaps between the beads.

Nav, Flow is determined by the smallest diameter hole the fuel has to pass through. With these bronze type you need pressure and a larger surface area on the bronze element to achieve proper flow.

A "paper" element type would be best for uniform filtering, a screen type would be next best for gravity feed. Get the largest diameter filter you can and don't worry about flow, automotive type will work fine.

As for glass, the only drawback I can see is in the event of a wreck it might break easier and spew fuel on the hot engine. Not good. Nope definitely not good... go plastic.
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

inline gas filter 17 Apr 2006 19:12 #40332

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Well I never really looked into it,to see if there were any issues with these filters.There are rubber seals on them(on the 2 halves),and I never had any problems with them.
Pat...I'm asking $35 for the complete kit,btw.And no...they're not that big really.Don't forget...I'm running pods,so I have a bit more room in there.They actually looked quite nice when they were on.You could see the braided lines and it looked nice...not gaudy or anything(I thought,anyway).
The only problem that I had with them,was I kept poking the end of My finger on the individual wires...dam that would hurt...and scare the crap outta ME!LOL...I would get pretty P.O'd! LOL.Once the chrome collars were in place though,You couldn't see the wires.B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

• Page: