Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Where we've been and where we're going 17 Apr 2020 14:05 #823553

• QtrMileKZ
  • QtrMileKZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Right now I'm one of the new guys so I thought I'd add a little more flavor to the place, not that it needs it. The first pic is of me during my second race ever, during my first year, at a little strip near Temple, TX. at Academy/Little River. I'm wearing the red jacket. I had very little knowledge about tuning a 4 hole jap bike but luckily i had made a good friend that owned a KZ900 running a big bore kit and he did the maintenance. I had watched him street race and I started out doing the same. I was too eager to make a buck or 2 racing local cars. Racing other bikes was a different story. Also my dad raced at Little River long before me with a CC/GS Austin, a nitro dragster and a funny car along with helping many others. We lived in Harker Heights near Killeen, TX. at the time he raced. When I started street racing I had just bought the KZ1100 I am trying to repair now. As I stated in another post my wife convinced me to stop with the bike as our children were young and she was afraid I would get hurt and not be able to provide for them. So I did. But since dad raced all his life I just moved on to cars. At least they had roll cages.:laugh:
Y'all ride safe!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Where we've been and where we're going 17 Apr 2020 14:28 #823556

• QtrMileKZ
  • User
Where am I going? Heck if I know but I'm trying to have as much fun as possible before the trip ends!! Since those early days, for me, I have always had a passion for drag racing. The old KZ was a great start but the disease progressed to the point of spending much more than I should had. Although the following picture is not a bike owned by me it is hopefully the future for where I'd like to be in the bike racing world. Top Fuel. This is actually the one that Mr. Turbo, Terry Kizer, was suppose to ride. It is sitting in a shop owned by a very good friend who has been driving my front engine dragster. He owns a fuel altered, 2 front engine dragsters and other toys. The money sorta fell apart and the TF bike is on standby. It is actually owned by a couple guys out of Houston. Mr. Kizer only lives a couple miles from my buddies shop where the bike is currently. Terry was doing the body for it but when the funds dried up, work stopped. BTW, the TF is ready to go, minus body, and has been rolled on nitro a couple times. I have been asked to assist and look forward to doing so.
Y'all ride safe!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctoRot, Dragbike_Mike

Where we've been and where we're going 17 Apr 2020 14:46 #823557

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1969
Very nice story and pictures.
So I have a request if possible.
Since Im in Michigan , Its a bit far for me to locate Terry Kizer.
Since you have mutual friends can you tell me ( US All ) what happened to Mr Turbo business. ???
Its off line and no more phone and now us turbo guys are scrambling for sources for parts and gaskets.
I hope Terry is OK
Thanks
Dave

Check out my Back in the Day thread here on KZRider

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Where we've been and where we're going 17 Apr 2020 15:30 #823558

• QtrMileKZ
  • User
Terry, unfortunately, has had a bit of unlucky happenings. The shop where he had his equipment and parts was on some sort of a lease deal. The owner decided to sell the building and Terry had nowhere to go. He and his wife decided to build a shop at their new home but Terry suffered some $$ issues as well. Then he lost his brother and he is having a hard time with that. He wound up selling some of his stuff, equipment, etc., and I'm not sure what his immediate plans are. I haven't seen him in @ 6- 8 months. He was hoping to get the new place up and running but now ??? I wish I could be more help. Next time I'm down his way I will inquire. I plan to go that way for a test session in the next month or so for the nitro fuel altered. Even if this pandemic isn't over. I will let y'all know.
Y'all ride safe!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Where we've been and where we're going 18 Apr 2020 03:46 #823574

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1969
Thanks for the update on Terry
We used to race back in the day and I remember him as a great guy.
Wishing him the best.
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Where we've been and where we're going 18 Apr 2020 18:12 #823625

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Great story . Nice bike .Sorry to hear about terry . Hoping things turn around .
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

• Page: