• Page:

TOPIC:

For The Few "Old Timer" Drag Racers here 07 Sep 2016 18:36 #741478

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1952
Old Timers Ehhhh ???

I just had a blast from the past :woohoo:

I was surfing drag racing and google lead me to Dragbike .com and I found something way cool :P

Look up in the records at Super Eliminator and they have all the records for classes all the way back to day one.

Well I found out that one of the turbo bike records held by Kevin Tooma ( My good friend who I crewed for ) STILL Stands :woohoo:

In C/AT in 1986 Kevin took the mile per hour record at 162.16. His ET was a 8.40 or so and the guy who took the et record away that year matched our speed exactly but ran a 8.37 This is a IDBA record that has stood for 30 years !!! Not to Shabby

If memory is still close to reality the motor was small for C class at 903cc and this was our small tire Kosman laydown chassis with a 8 inch tire. Later records were with our 2nd bike which was a Kosman 12 inch tire chassis but those records didnot hold up thru the ages like our C/AT MPH did.
Ahhhhhhh :laugh: To be young again

Dave B) B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: