• Page:

TOPIC:

RR anyone? 17 Apr 2013 20:06 #582860

• turboguzzi
  • turboguzzi's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 72
things look a bit slow here in the racing section

C'mon guys, is it only Arthur and me in KZR who like to lean hard?

you live only once in case you forgot :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RR anyone? 18 Apr 2013 12:56 #582957

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
Hey Turbo. Still chugging on my project. First race weekend is June 8th/9th. Hoping to do a track day the last week of May. Got the Avon AM23 like you suggested - that's a damn nice tire.

RR anyone? 18 Apr 2013 13:51 #582960

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967

turboguzzi wrote: things look a bit slow here in the racing section

C'mon guys, is it only Arthur and me in KZR who like to lean hard?

you live only once in case you forgot :)

Your not alone Guzzi
Have always loved road racing. To me it puts together the advanced mechanical technology of going fast on two little contact patches with real riders who have to be in great shape to push a bike into a corner at the limits of control time after time , for lap after lap. I havent rode on a real track but do enjoy pushing my limits on twisties . But I do also like to rip off a 9 second pass to get the heart started :evil: :evil: :evil:

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

RR anyone? 19 Apr 2013 20:32 #583167

• turboguzzi
  • User
hei DD, good luck then, keep us updated

SF, well, looks like i AM actually alone....

full respect for drag racers, but always hits me to realize the lack of interest in road racing

do yourself a favor, book a track day, after that youll never understand how you did without

Cheers

TG

Last edit: by turboguzzi.

RR anyone? 23 Apr 2013 17:38 #583735

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510
What do you mean lack of interest in roadracing? I LOVE roadracing and used to club race my KZ650 at Willow Springs back in the 90's and early 00's. I used to ride 500 miles one way on my 650 to Laguna Seca every year for 20 years to watch WSB. I just got older, kids, wife, other priorities, ect. I still love roadracing.

RR anyone? 25 Apr 2013 09:26 #583944

• turboguzzi
  • User

baldy110 wrote: What do you mean lack of interest in roadracing? I LOVE roadracing and used to club race my KZ650 at Willow Springs back in the 90's and early 00's. I used to ride 500 miles one way on my 650 to Laguna Seca every year for 20 years to watch WSB. I just got older, kids, wife, other priorities, ect. I still love roadracing.

Glad that you are, and dont feel like you have to appologize, but how many others like you that participate actively in the racing section? not many.
what i mean is, just look at the amount of response road racing posts generate.... I was one of the guys asking the site managers to have a "racing" section but honestly expected this to be a much more busy section. when you think how much the whole cult of the 900-1000 big kaws was built on the success in the early superbike days by lawson and company, i still find this lack of interest surprising.

not a real problem for me BTW, I have my first race of the season this weekend, looking fwd to a few days of knackered knee pads and gummed up to the edge tires. just feel sorry for whoever doesnt give it a try and experience the nirvana of road racing. if you raced, you know what i mean.

RR anyone? 25 Apr 2013 09:38 #583947

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
Good luck TG! Let us know how it goes!

RR anyone? 26 Apr 2013 05:23 #584064

• turboguzzi
  • User
tnxs! packing the station wagon and loading the trailer.... shame it looks like a somewhat rainy weekend. But for sunday's race it should be dry.

60 miles south from milan, small track in beautiful surroundings, thats where they make the original parmigiano :)

www.varano.it

RR anyone? 26 Apr 2013 08:45 #584070

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
That track looks like a blast! Is there much elevation change to it?

Attachment Capture_2013-04-26.PNG not found

Attachments:

RR anyone? 26 Apr 2013 15:48 #584134

• bluezbike
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Good luck TG!!!
79 KZ 1000 LTD
77 KZ 1000 B1 LTD (awaiting electrical resurrection)

RR anyone? 27 Apr 2013 22:45 #584349

• dbsuperbiker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
have a great time...and share some pics,

RR anyone? 27 Apr 2013 23:06 #584352

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967

turboguzzi wrote: hei DD, good luck then, keep us updated

SF, well, looks like i AM actually alone....

full respect for drag racers, but always hits me to realize the lack of interest in road racing

do yourself a favor, book a track day, after that youll never understand how you did without

Cheers

TG

Hey Guzzi
Does taking a lap around the Indy car track on Belle Isle on my turbo kaw count as a short track day ;) I was a ;) SCCA corner worker at the Indy car race and after the cars were done running for the day I took my bike out for some fun,,,Boy did I get the attention of the folks in the race control tower. They were screaming on the track radios to clear the track as they thought I was a race car that got out with out their clearance .. Bike sounded just like the cars :evil: Didnt get in trouble ,but it was close :ohmy:
It was a blast running the course. My wife and I got to meet and party with Eddie Lawson and his girlfriend Christen Bernard the TV star that year as he was driving in the event ( In a race car ). Nice people..

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Page: