Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 11:46 #442539

• testarossa
  • testarossa's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
  • Thank you received: 82
I think that everyone can agree, Rossi's attempted pass was ill advised. He accepted responsibility and apologized to Casey Stoner, but Stoner contends that Rossi got special assistance from the marshals to get re-started. So what do you think? Did Rossi get the extra push because he is who he is?

I have zero race experience, but it looked to me like the track was too dry for those wet tires to last to the end. Lorenzo and Colin Edwards' rear tires looked knackered by the end of the race.

Looks like Marco Simoncelli is fast becoming an alien. Maybe even faster than Ben Spies. Doesn't hurt that he's on the fourth factory Honda bike, and Honda seems to have the best package to start the season.

So what do the MotoGp fans out there think about Sunday's race?
1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 11:56 #442541

• Stu Pidasole
  • User
  • if you aint mod'n, you aint rock'n!
  • Thank you received: 1
do you have a link?

i tried googling it, and the only thing that caught my eye was this video....

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 12:12 #442547

• testarossa
  • User
Dorna sports requires a paid membership to view the races over the internet. However Speed channel plays the races Sunday afternoon. (tape delayed) I believe that they replay the race late night during the week as well. You'll have to check your local listings, as they say.

There are some highlights here: moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/video-spanish-gp-highlights/
2004 ZX-10R
Angola, IN

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 14:11 #442573

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
Rossi thought he could get by and was wrong...but it was on /casey and that is a sore subject already...he is too aggresive with poor Stoner,,,,first Simoncelli slams the door on casey then Rossi knocks him down...
Rossi knows that Casey can beat him in a fair fight most days ,but it is like Micheal Jordan in his day...it aint a foul if Mike does it.....or a travel ... ect

the corner workers DID help Rossi too much and Casey too little but that is natural....7 time world champs from europe with broken legs and shoulders riding ducatis get the normal europe national human corner workers reaction to run and help them,just as we would run to help Nicky or ben at seca if we were standing there working that corner for an event...it's just like a pretty girl ,you open the dooor for them....ugly girl...maybe you do,if you remember to....

Simoncelli fell down leading a GP by 2.3 seconds.....do you think he learned anything...He will be one of the next ones to start racking up back to back GP crowns......He is fast in a lot of different situati9ons and does get into huge /hurt crashes often....

All i know is come july i am gonna be warming up the bike with a loaded backpack and riding a few minutes to watch the moring bikes come through the mist doing 200 mph wheel lifts...this year is gonna be some good racing...the guys all being kinda hurt may keep them bunched up and less prone to do the alien walk aways....
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 15:18 #442598

• testarossa
  • User
That's about how I look at it. I guess if the same thing happens at Phillip Island, then Casey is getting the push forward and Valentino gets pushed down.

So who gets the first win Spies or Simoncelli? I'm starting to think Simoncelli might get the nod. He seems to have a better bike, and I think he's a bit more aggressive. The boy learns fast, that's for sure.

This is the most Americans in the field for a while. Ben Spies, Colin Edwards, Nicky Hayden, and John Hopkins. Who amongst the current AMA crowd could compete on the world level? Who will emerge as the next Ben Spies?
2004 ZX-10R
Angola, IN

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 18:23 #442641

• dutchz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I think the spanish marshals also know Stoner is the biggest threat (right now) for Lorenzo and Pedrosa, that may have helped the decision along ;)

Simoncelli may well get a win before Spies if he can stay on.

Everyone's tires were going off. Rossi said they were going to ask Bridgestone for a hard wet option instead of just the soft wets. That would have made a huge difference with a drying track like they had this weekend. It was an exciting race with all the crashes but it not really for the racing itself...
1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 19:06 #442645

• turboguzzi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 72

dutchz wrote: I think the spanish marshals also know Stoner is the biggest threat (right now) for Lorenzo and Pedrosa, that may have helped the decision along ;)

definetely +1!

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 19:13 #442647

• trianglelaguna
  • User
Prediction.........

Danny Eslick will be a GP champ one day.....

testarossa wrote: That's about how I look at it. I guess if the same thing happens at Phillip Island, then Casey is getting the push forward and Valentino gets pushed down.

So who gets the first win Spies or Simoncelli? I'm starting to think Simoncelli might get the nod. He seems to have a better bike, and I think he's a bit more aggressive. The boy learns fast, that's for sure.

This is the most Americans in the field for a while. Ben Spies, Colin Edwards, Nicky Hayden, and John Hopkins. Who amongst the current AMA crowd could compete on the world level? Who will emerge as the next Ben Spies?

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 04 Apr 2011 19:26 #442653

• trianglelaguna
  • User
another thing i "think" i notice some times...

is where they try and get a certain country or continent to field a rider/riders...too many of one type or too few types of ethnic races/nationalities/brands... makes for narrow markets and viewing....i bet Ducati is glad to have Nicky with the amount of Ducati brand loyal riders and fans in the North Americas...

i bet the British riders who keep running tenth or getting flunked back to super bikes were in the hopes that Britian and anglo Eruope could find someone to run up front and to cheer and pack the stadiums...

just wondering how many Americans they will sign when like mentioned the grid has a few now...

Spies is great but comes from super bike background just as the great British riders who flunked did....Simoncelli is racing and pushing...Spies looks to be taking the safe lines and riding around.....he is on Rossis bike ,i mean..wasnt that supposed to be the ticket....he cant get the podium with a ten foot pole...

and i have a framed pic of him winning FIM on my wall...so there

Casey will walk away next dry race...prediction...and the next...and the next...
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Attachments:

Spoiler alert: MotoGp Jerez. 09 Apr 2011 19:36 #443694

• trianglelaguna
  • User
www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011/MotoGP+Rewind+from+Jerez

this may work and is a nice 3 min re-cap and follow up
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• Page: