Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'83 KZ1100 A3 PROJECT fire sale $800 08 Dec 2022 11:41 #877615

• gravit8
  • gravit8's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
It is with great sadness that I must finally let go of my forever-project KZ1100 A-3 Shafty in mean Kawasaki green. 
In 2015, after top-end work at a local Kawasaki dealership, I melted a hole in the #1 piston while on a cross-country trip (some of those posts may still be up). After a partial tear-down of the top end, I put the bike in storage and waited until I was able to do a full rebuild of the motor and transmission (not the shaft drive though). 

In July of this year, I wrecked my 25' toy hauler, with this bike inside. It sustained damage to the tank (DENTS), rear fender and headlight assembly. I lost most of the valves and springs in the ditch under the pile of pieces thad had been my trailer. I am ever farther from a place where I will be able to spend the time and money to get this bike back to it's glory days, but it is well within the reach of the KZ community here. I have never EVER seen another one like it, except in the deptch of this site here, and wish fervently that it goes to someone who will appreciate the opportunity to bring this monster - Grun Helle - back to life on the road. 

Aside from the missing valves and springs, the bike is complete, and mostly original (Air shocks on the rear, for instance). It had new shinkos on, out of date now but still round.  The upper and middle cylinder/head are off the bike, as are the OG Mikuni carbs (still assembled) and OG airbox. 4to2 stainless mufflers and thebattery box are off, I had started to source parts and get into the bike just before I decided to move. 

$800 OBO. Clean NM title. Bike would be a great project for ONEmoto show or something similar. Portland or western Oregon I could possibly deliver. Needs gone ASAP but don't lowball me I'd rather drag this thing across the country again than deal with petty bullshit. Thanks. The bike is my profile photo, I don't have any current photos post- damage. Bike is in storage currently.

I honestly don't know how fast I was going, officer; My speedo tops out at 85...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: