Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A pile of flat head screwdrivers 01 May 2017 20:27 #760942

• jdvorchak
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Ok if you guys want to nit pick. I guess I should have said #1 #2 #3 size cross point and left the Phillips off. They call them Phillips to sell them in the U.S.A because no one would know what a JIS screwdriver is, let alone buy a set. I can tell you that no matter what they are called they work. Especially since the discussion was about flat blades and fitting jets I can also attest that they fit every jet I've tried. Mikuni, Keihin, TK and I rebuild about a dozen or more sets of carbs every year. The smallest flat blade fits inside the tunnels they like to bury pilot jets in. The blade is flat on the bottom but not hollow or straight ground like a gunsmithing screwdriver but we weren't talking about guns. The next to the largest screwdriver fits the Main Jets perfectly and for those with exposed pilot jets the next to the smallest size works great. Also useful is the precision or jewelers screwdrivers for bending the float adjust tang and cleaning out the bottom of the bowls used as scrapers.
Don't fix it until it's broken.
John

83 KZ550M1
83 KZ1100LTD

Also own:
2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited, 2008 Harley low rider 71 CB350/sidecar
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1, KZB2 650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A pile of flat head screwdrivers 03 May 2017 10:30 #761071

• Gordoninnc
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9

650ed wrote: For slotted screws I found the PB Swiss screwdrivers to work exceedingly well. Their tips are parallel ground and have the sharp corners removed. I have a couple that I use primarily for gunsmith tasks; mine are a little older and are of the 7100 series before they began gold plating the shafts, but I'm certain their newer series 100 models are made just as well. Ed

www.shop.pbtools.us/PB-100-Screwdrivers-...parallel-tip_c55.htm

Hello, my name is Gordon Gray and I am a tool junkie.......have been for years and I'm not sure there is a cure for it. Not that I'd give a damn about finding one.....uh....unless it was wrapped around a new TOOL!!!!! (okay you dirty minded guys just calm down there.....)

When I saw these screwdrivers I just couldn't help myself and had to have some....ordered a #1, #2 and a #3. Just got here today and I LOVE them.....quality tools at a decent price. I'll make sure these three stay with my CARB only stash......they really are nice.

I owe you one 650ed, thanks for the tip......( no pun intended.)

Gordon in NC....who has WAY more tools than one man should have....to a point where it's "almost" embarrrassing.

Last edit: by Gordoninnc.

A pile of flat head screwdrivers 03 May 2017 12:10 #761085

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Glad I could help. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordoninnc

A pile of flat head screwdrivers 03 May 2017 17:18 #761108

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2674
I just ordered a few too. The type they denote for "terminal boards and set screws" seem like the right size for carb jets like pilot jets. Fingers crossed...

• Page: