Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Confused about correct Factory Service Manual 23 Jul 2015 15:28 #682405

• aphex
  • aphex's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I wanted to give an update here for future readers.

I was considering getting my manual from a certain Ebay seller from New Zealand but it looked kinda risky. There are older posts with other members saying the same thing, so I figured it would be a good idea to give you guys a report on this product after I received it in the mail. I'm gonna call it the "Big Book" to reduce confusion.

The cost is a fairly steep price after shipping to U.S. ($70.00).....but WELL worth it. They advertise that their manuals are the "most complete stand alone source available," and it's believable when you go through the book they send you.

The pages in the Big Book are apparently high quality photocopies from the OEM factory service manuals. You get the full content- cover page, introductory page, table of contents, EPA emissions control statement page, etc....this is obviously a copy of the actual Kawasaki-published manuals, which is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect.

Cover pages are laminated with the front page having a copy of the image that appeared on the original manual (I think). For my G1 Classic manual, the image is of that model. The book is bound with a plastic spiral, allowing you to fold it open completely so the pages lie flat...looks like the pages could be easily ripped out over a long period of time if you handled it roughly, but that's a minor complaint considering the content. Can't ask for much more when you've got spiral bound.

The Big Book is loaded with pictures, wiring diagrams, exploded views, graphs showing performance curves for relevant models...torque specs, bolt sizes, tolerances for various components, valve adjustment charts, etc. Again, all of it looks like it came straight from the Kawasaki factory manuals. All images are crystal clear black and white, not washed out with brightness or blacked out squares from shitty photocopying...they're really nice pics, easy to see detail.

The first section of the book is a copy of the Service Manual Supplement for my model. As Mcdroid mentioned earlier, the Forward states that this supplement manual is to be used with a specific KZ1000 base Service Manual, and it gives a part number for that base manual. The part number it provides is 99924-1006-03. This doesn't match the one that Mcdroid's supplement manual provided, but next to the part number is a list of the models that the correct base manual will cover, and these models are the ones covered in the Big Book.

So they provide you with the supplement manual for your model, and then they provide you with the correct base manual that corresponds to your model. This was the part I was most confused and worried about when shopping for my manual. These Kiwis nailed it!

The next section of the Big Book is the base Service Manual itself. The third and final section is the Fuel Injection System guide for the Z1000 H-1....the non-U.S. version of the 1980 G1 Classic.

This manual is exactly what I was looking for, I mean dead-on perfect. Super stoked about it. If you're looking for an original Kawasaki factory manual and having trouble finding one, you can't go wrong with these guys. I plug a damn good product when I find one, they deserve it!

The website is e-classicbikes.com. Their Ebay store is:
stores.ebay.com/e-ClassicBike-Manuals?_trksid=p2047675.l2568

(If this post violates any forum rules please let me know and I'll remove it. Just wanted to make it easier for others who are going through the FSM merry-go-round like I was.)

Aphex
1980 KZ1000 G1 Classic
1982 Yamaha XZ550, decommissioned

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: