Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Books on Motorcycle Restoration 15 Dec 2009 16:33 #339160

• rayellis
  • rayellis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I hope this is the right place for this thread. I have been looking for a good book on motorcycle restoration or engine rebuilding. Ideally I would want something Kawasaki specific but that seems to be hard to come by. Even if it was Japanese,metric or in general would be ok. I know I can find a million Harley and others but something a little more specific would be good.

I just like to read and see how certain projects with the bikes or done. I love to learn new tricks. I really need your opinion on good reading material. If you have some suggestions on other areas electrical,paint,brakes and other custom ideas I would love to hear them also.

Thanks
Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Books on Motorcycle Restoration 15 Dec 2009 19:16 #339202

• Becker
  • User
  • The Doctor Will Rise Again
  • Thank you received: 1
Don't know if this is helpful or not but I work at a library on a 2-year college campus that has a recreational engines program. We have a bunch of books including manuals for KZ's in our library. We also have alot of books on building perfomance engines, restoring older bikes, engineering theory of chassis, 4 and 2 stroke engines, electronics, carburation, body work, welding, painting, and almost everything else you could want. We also run a program called I.L.L. or interlibrary loan. If a patron of any library in the state wants one of our books then all they do is request and we send it to that library.

It's quite possible that what ever state you live in they have a similar program as our I.L.L. They should also have a database of all the books for easy searching. If your looking for engine or chassis theory for racing I suggest John Robinson's Motorcycle theory books. They are pretty good and include tons of things like formulas to calculate almost anything motorcycle related and how to write some pretty wicked BASIC2 programs that will give good information on lots of things.
78 KZ750B3
79 KZ400 LTD
78 KZ650C2
79 KZ650C3
78 KZ650B2A
80 KZ650F1
80 KZ650E1
81 CB750K Super Sport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: