TOPIC:

Easy lift onto centerstand 05 Oct 2010 19:14 #404373

• ready2ryde1985
  • User
  • got to love these kzs
  • Thank you received: 4
Re:Easy lift onto centerstand 9 Months, 1 Week ago
rstnick wrote:

I have a bikers pipe too. It looks like a spark plug and I keep it in my tool pouch.

Can you post a picture of it.
That could come in handy.

Not quite an NGK but it fires just as good.

DUDE I HAVE TO HAVE A SET!!! Please tell me where these can be found mabie a part number!! :laugh: :laugh:
84 kz 700 a1
82 kz550 ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Easy lift onto centerstand 31 Oct 2010 20:28 #410215

• swapdip
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
When my idiot friend bent the kickstand on my GV1200 on a cross country trip, I had to rely on my centerstand for the better part of a month before I was able to get a new one. During that time I got pretty good with lifting that heavy bike up in the air. By the end of the trip I could put it up on the stand without even dismounting the bike. I would ride up with speed to the point I wanted to park, jam down on the front brakes, and as the bike came to a stop I used the front fork bounce back to give reverse momentum as I pushed down on the center stand with my left foot. The bike literally lifted itself up into the air, about as effortless as can be. Sometimes I still do it for fun, even tho we have a kickstand now. I know that bike is not a KZ, but I would wager it is as heavy as any KZ, and the centerstand is probably just as much of a pain in the ass.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.