Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Question on KZ650 Cyclinders 14 Nov 2022 08:47 #876814

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1771

The great American Z drain has been going on since the early 90's at least. UK & Europe have been importing, especially early Z's and triples, by the container load. There are several companies doing this in the UK that have been around for 20+ years.
They have been a source for parts/spares well known to the clubs. There are probably more US import 900's on UK roads than UK bikes. 
The GS750 I posted in another thread came from Texas in 92 and the Ltd I am currently building was imported to the UK in 91 (not sure where from but the trip is in miles so that limits the options)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question on KZ650 Cyclinders 14 Nov 2022 12:13 #876828

• 577nitro
  • 577nitro's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 55

The great American Z drain has been going on since the early 90's at least. UK & Europe have been importing, especially early Z's and triples, by the container load. There are several companies doing this in the UK that have been around for 20+ years.
They have been a source for parts/spares well known to the clubs. There are probably more US import 900's on UK roads than UK bikes. 
The GS750 I posted in another thread came from Texas in 92 and the Ltd I am currently building was imported to the UK in 91 (not sure where from but the trip is in miles so that limits the options)

I think GS's are probably in the same boat as the Zeds.    Anything that was raced back in the day in the AMA superbike golden eara.   Freddie, Wes, and Eddie...

I haven't seen a decent GS popup in years... nor any Suzuki two strokes...Water Buffalo's are unattainium.

I had a GT185 as a commuter bike in college what a little screamer.  My brother and I ported it a little, it would pull redline in sixth on a cold day... which was 85mph.  Then I holed the right piston.
Limped home on one cyclinder.  Ah, those were the days...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.