Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZP engine parts and machine 24 Aug 2021 11:21 #854278

• Cubarez
  • Cubarez's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I consider myself a good mechanic and I don't trust anyone to anything on my vehicles or bikes except machine or alignment shops.  I even change my own tires and use ceramic balance beads except Gold Wing tires they are a bugger.
my latest project is a 99 KZP that I spent the last 3 weekends fixing or replacing de-rusting, carb building, and spark chasing soon it will be a working project.
The reason for this post is,, I have 2 extra engines and boxes of parts that came with the bike, one is the original (I was told it knocks) the bike only has 33K miles so it should not be that bad anyway I assume the guy got the other as a donor so I'll tear into both to make one good one.  So far I complete gasket set, and a set new pistons/wrist pins.

I am looking for recommendations of online stores that I can get quality valves, seats, shims, new rings I'm thinking cam chain too.  
I live by Charleston SC, I asked  local machine shops who work on bikes and tell me good luck finding someone to work on those engines and even crinkle noses when they say "those engines" so can anyone recommend a good machine shop, also are there any MODS you think of with these head and get the crank welded.
This is just going to be a daily rider that I want to keep original.  This bike has always been one of my bucket list bike to own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: