Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

oil blowing out of muffler 06 May 2021 19:51 #848124

• Oneday
  • Oneday's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
No air box. It has been removed separate filters on carbs . where the crankcase breather is there is a 90 degree pipe that is open so don't think back pressure is the problem but i'm open to anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

oil blowing out of muffler 18 Jan 2022 11:04 #860699

• Oneday
  • User
well going to try the valve guide replacement . can some body let me know are the intake and exhaust the same size The sites i visited with sets all 8 look alike but if you look at oem #s slightly different , maybe inside dim is different. Any help would be great. Thanks

oil blowing out of muffler 17 Mar 2022 06:25 #863923

• Oneday
  • User
Well it's crow eating time . well i did replace the valve guides on #2 cylinder they had a little play . and still blowing oil . I stripped it back to the pistons and actually took out the rings to inspect them. even though they were new i found a default in the oil ring . One of the upward tabs were missing allowing that side to slide under the other .when i was checking as per Nessism's post it was hard to see and you could move them apart making me think it was ok ,So even though they were new i now know to look more closely  and make sure parts are good  So thanks Nessism you were right . Bike runs great

• Page: