Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blake Gann Custom Speed Shop 15 Sep 2020 16:06 #835121

• Funtimes
  • Funtimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello , my last post was for a oil leak on a newly built 1075cc engine . My engine builder at the time couldn't figure out where the oil leaking from. Blake Gann has my bike now and says it's spraying oil from around the # 1 cylinder studs.. I have mostly Ape components . I have to pull the engine and Blake is going to take top end apart and go from there.. He said something may be cracked. ? Cases maybe. ? Any thoughts to this is appreciated. I'm sure Blake can solve the problem . He builds pro stock engines for people all around the globe .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Funtimes.

Blake Gann Custom Speed Shop 16 Sep 2020 04:09 #835151

• asphalt900
  • User
  • Thank you received: 167
Just for continuing knowledge, could you follow-up with the type of head gasket used? A lot of the Wiseco, i'm assuming it's Wiseco, kits come with the MLS head gaskets now. The RA (roughness Average) has to be considered to use this type of gasket, little to no forgiveness. I'm assume you know the oil goes up the two rear outer studs but the head oil galleys also expose the two front outer studs to the same pressure. Look forward to response, your findings!

Blake Gann Custom Speed Shop 15 Nov 2020 16:40 #838537

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2067
Any news?
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

• Page: