Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

good machine shop for bottom end work and crank weld, Atlanta local 25 Oct 2005 05:42 #4040

• Duck
  • Duck's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
Any recommendations for local Atlanta shop for crank weld & gear work? Would really like to find a place that might swap out for some CNC mill work on stuff like brackets, plenums, etc.

-Duck

Post edited by: Duck, at: 2005/10/25 08:42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

good machine shop for bottom end work and crank weld, Atlanta local 25 Oct 2005 06:00 #4044

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Duck, One of our members who never shows up much is from the Atlanta area and very well plugged into the bike scene. His nickname here is Canyondancer but he is also known as Big Nose Bob... aka Bob Harrington. He can be emailed at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - His specialty is Z1 instrument restoration but he knows places in the Atlanta area to do machine work on a Kaw engine. Drop Bob a note.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

good machine shop for bottom end work and crank weld, Atlanta local 26 Oct 2005 04:38 #4336

• Duck
  • Duck's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
George-

Thank you.

-Duck

good machine shop for bottom end work and crank weld, Atlanta local 26 Oct 2005 09:42 #4399

• Old-Skul
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Rockdale cycles is a great full service shop. They can do some machine work in-house and if they can't service you, they can probably point you to a good local machine shop. They are out int he sticks a little bit, but I still take my bike to them when I need help. They are a drag racing shop, and used to drag kawis, mostly now they race GS1000 motored bikes, but they still have tons of knowledge on the KZeds.

good machine shop for bottom end work and crank weld, Atlanta local 26 Oct 2005 12:03 #4439

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Most of the time, all the bike shops in an area will take their machine work to one or two shops. Most places that turn pick up rotors or Chevy flywheels can do some of the work but will surely mess it up since they don't do much bike related work. The bike shops KNOW this and will funnel their work to trusted local machine shops as mistakes in machining can be VERY expensive.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: