Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ Turbo Buildup Help! 27 Mar 2006 19:28 #34797

• solomrus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
i don't think wiseco stocks the 8:1 1075 pistons anymore. that's what i was told, anyways, probably wrong.

if you want to run lots of boost, then mosdef wanna go as low as you can with the c/r. if you don't, then keep it under 8psi, run REALLY GOOD FUEL, and you also might want to consider running a good ignition that has timing retard curves that are boost referenced.

my 1075 turbo engine was built with 9:1 pistons, stock cams, rear-sump oil pickup(not a deep sump). yes, the old turbos MUST have a good consistant supply of oil. also, make sure that the lines are restricted properly, or your pressure will be too low. bearings are VERY sensitive to low pressure.

OH, huge one here, don't even dink around with the stock carb that comes with one of those kits, just get back on ebay, and buy a mikuni hsr 42. you will need the pressurized needle and seat setup. i can get the part number for this when i get home next weekend, or one of the other turbo guys can chime in.

get a good fuel delivery system as well. we can get into that later on.

www.dragbike.com has an AWESOME turbo forum as well. some very fast turbo guys over there. some of the kwak guys over here, too. 8^)

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ Turbo Buildup Help! 27 Mar 2006 20:45 #34833

• jpakes53
  • jpakes53's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Where can I get a rear pickup oil pump and/or the deep sump oil pan? Also, what do I have to do with the restrictors?(where do they go, where can I get them,etc.) What kind of oil pressure should I be shooting for? Thanks!

KZ Turbo Buildup Help! 29 Mar 2006 20:14 #35338

• jpakes53
  • jpakes53's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
I have decided to just go with my original setup. Thanks to all for the help! I will be selling my turbo setup so check the classifieds for details. Thanks again!

KZ Turbo Buildup Help! 29 Mar 2006 20:23 #35339

• wireman
  • Visitor
sent you an email.;)

KZ Turbo Buildup Help! 31 Mar 2006 08:07 #35729

• waterman
  • User
Hey jpakes,

I do not really know about the turbo, etc. question. However, if you need to get work done at a shop, I recommend a place called Motorcycle Performance in Madison. The guy is kind of crusty, but trustworthy and my brother says he has a warm spot in his heart for kzs (brother rides a gs1100). I used to go to him when I lived there (I had an XS750 at the time). Now I miss the place because I have no one I trust.

Rick

KZ Turbo Buildup Help! 31 Mar 2006 09:23 #35740

• Johnno
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey, I just wanted to drop by and give you a welcome to the forum jpakes. From another Madison KZer. Too bad about the turbo project, I've always wanted to boost my bike. :D

See you around!

• Page: