• Page:

TOPIC:

A new experience... 12 Jul 2021 08:08 #851607

• kzstreetfighter71
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
  • Thank you received: 250

What happens to the yellow dots?

The weed smokers of the world would love this!
 Bummer luck ghostdive, same thing happened to me about 8 years back with a young non insured driver that fled the scene, my situation ended much worse for me and the bike.

06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A new experience... 16 Jul 2021 17:19 #851882

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
Its not always about the dots, I was hit from behind in the wet and left for dead in the bush, found 7 hours later almost bled out, fractured skull, broken jaw, my head hit a tree and ripped my helmet off, still done up, badly broken left arm, shoulder and wrist, some fingers as well, a pile of  broken ribs, lacerated liver and other cuts and a pile of bad bruises, I was bleeding out my right ear and left wrist where the bone had pierced the main artery, a kid found my bike on his way home from a party at about midnight, while looking at it, he heard me groaning, ,I'd been there since 5pm.... I remember being hit by a small white car and then "dreaming" i was lying in mud, it was my blood.....   I also remember, at some stage,  asking a cop to get me a taxi, then next thing i remember was a doctor "straightening" my wrist and cutting my leather jacket off, I woke up 2 weeks later in traction.... Very lucky

A new experience... 16 Jul 2021 19:19 #851888

• ghostdive
  • ghostdive's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 118
Now there's a story that makes me reconsider my priorities in life...jeez. 
1982 KZ750 Spectre - 6 speed swap, BS34s, 18" rear wheel

2001 ZX-6R
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1

A new experience... 17 Jul 2021 06:25 #851898

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1951

Its not always about the dots, I was hit from behind in the wet and left for dead in the bush, found 7 hours later almost bled out, fractured skull, broken jaw, my head hit a tree and ripped my helmet off, still done up, badly broken left arm, shoulder and wrist, some fingers as well, a pile of  broken ribs, lacerated liver and other cuts and a pile of bad bruises, I was bleeding out my right ear and left wrist where the bone had pierced the main artery, a kid found my bike on his way home from a party at about midnight, while looking at it, he heard me groaning, ,I'd been there since 5pm.... I remember being hit by a small white car and then "dreaming" i was lying in mud, it was my blood.....   I also remember, at some stage,  asking a cop to get me a taxi, then next thing i remember was a doctor "straightening" my wrist and cutting my leather jacket off, I woke up 2 weeks later in traction.... Very lucky

I am very glad for you to be here to share your  story with us 
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

A new experience... 17 Jul 2021 15:26 #851929

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

I am very glad for you to be here to share your  story with us 
Dave

Me too   !!!    That accident was in 1980, I still have problems to this day, but that's definitely not a complaint....

• Page: