Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

81kz750 ltd 27 May 2019 17:51 #804686

• rosko77
  • rosko77's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hey all who reads this..heres an update on my kz750 ltd..lots of grey hairs were made from this..lol..took the bike out today..runs and brakes gd..strong clutch..good gas dont like the ram horns to much but thatll be a winter project....rolling the gas is like a rocket..luv it...i want to thasnk all yu guys for all the info..luv this forum..i do want to make it clear that the climer service manual that the clutch mechanism tightening procedure calls for clockwise to lock the not..the manual is wrong..its counterclock wise..i bought a new clutch cable from a local shop and installed it and it wouldnt wrk..i fought with them ..lol..feel like a dummy ..lol..anyway someone on here had counterclockways and whabam it wrkd and wrks great..thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

81kz750 ltd 28 May 2019 05:53 #804692

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
A number of 80s models are counterclockwise first until hard to turn, then clockwise 1/4 turn. The owner's manual may specify the direction. I think it's mentioned in the 81 or 82 supplement of the FSM.

Manual. There is a Kawasaki pdf service manual available for the 750-4. I haven't check KZR, but it is available at the 750turbo.com site in the Resource Zone >> Downloads. It should have a yellow-gold cover w color wiring diagrams. There's also a poorly copied black-&-white version floating around the internet, so be sure to get the good pdf.

81kz750 ltd 28 May 2019 17:36 #804740

• rosko77
  • rosko77's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
its all good my clymer manual was wrong..tg 4 this forum and youtube..

81kz750 ltd 28 May 2019 19:39 #804749

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Thanks for posting.
The problem is Clymer doesn't recognize that there is more than one type of adjuster. Their instructions are for one type, but not the other.

• Page: