• Page:

TOPIC:

Utah roads 25 May 2017 08:34 #762693

• bluej58
  • bluej58's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Getting closer to our trip and still don't have a concrete agenda so we will just do like we always do and wing it.

I will trailer the bikes to Arizona with my work truck and install a new kitchen for my mom, my wife will be flying out later in the week and we have the following week to get lost in the Rockies.

So far we have the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley locked in, after that who knows??? weather will play in here.

I have been looking at South East Utah and wondering about routes 261 , 95 and 276 with a possible trip to Lake Powell and beyond.

Have any of you guys rid-in these roads, are they good ? how about gas stops?
78 KZ1000 A2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bluej58.

Utah roads 25 May 2017 08:50 #762695

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
Although I haven't gone down there in ages my boss rides down there all the time. It's nearly impossible to go wrong on any road down there. The Bryce canyon and Brian head rides are awesome. How far north are you planning on coming? If you go through Moab you can cut over to Durango Colorado and do the west slope route through Leadville up to Glenwood Springs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

Utah roads 25 May 2017 11:16 #762700

• bluej58
  • bluej58's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Cool I'll do more research, the big thing is gas stations, I put a better carbs on the bike and they work great but I lost some MPG's

I've been on that road from Cortez to Durango a couple of times and I found it rather busy even during the week days, the ride up to Silverton and beyond was real nice though.
One thought was to go to Cortez up to Telluride, Ouray, Hinsdale and over to camp somewhere around Gunnison , that's a nice ride I wish the road from Crested Butte to the Paonia dam wasn't gravel, I'm not going to put my wife through that but 133 up to Carbondale then over to Snowmass and Aspen then down through Independence Pass is very nice.
78 KZ1000 A2A

• Page: