Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 15 Jun 2016 18:40 #731579

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2613
:lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 15 Jun 2016 19:47 #731587

• Timbox
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Hmmm....I have had many a bird and other objects that my fairing or windscreen had taken the impact instead of me. That and long hours of riding sure helps keep the wind off me. Even a little shield is nice. I did love my ZRX 1200R but that was more for the hooligan factor.

Glad you had a great time and sure love the looks of your ride.
Long time shade tree wrencher
KZ750 B3 (current Project)
03 B12S
09 KLR650
86 FJ1200
ZX14 (sold)
ZRX1200R (sold) Best bike I have ever owned, need another one

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 16 Jun 2016 06:15 #731628

• GPzMOD750
  • GPzMOD750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148

Timbox wrote: Hmmm....I have had many a bird and other objects that my fairing or windscreen had taken the impact instead of me. That and long hours of riding sure helps keep the wind off me. Even a little shield is nice. I did love my ZRX 1200R but that was more for the hooligan factor.

Glad you had a great time and sure love the looks of your ride.

You really should stop singing Disney princess tunes while you're riding. Besides where's your sense of adventure?

For me, lack of windshield is part of the experience. I had a 91 BMW R100GS & I hated the windscreen. I know it's not a full size screen but it did nothing for me.

Thanks for the comments on the bike it's still a bit rough and a work in progress. I'm still undecided how far to go cosmetically. I Now have the opportunity to put a 79 shaft tank on it but I'm not sure. Mechanically, it's running pretty strong but needs the attention any 35 year old bike needs. I plan on doing quite a bit of work on it next winter but again I'm not sure how crazy I'm going to get.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 16 Jun 2016 18:32 #731689

• GPzMOD750
  • User
I guess I'm no the only one that notices the HD Dopes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 16 Jun 2016 22:57 #731714

• 9er rider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
  • Thank you received: 87
Im an old fart and ive got one for ya,,,,I dont like looking through plastic and dont like smoked tent or clear tent it makes me two tents and I keep thinking tee pee wig wam but I believe in brown santa, UPS, big ass bugs in kansas suck when they drill you. so I stick to my own biz.Been rockin in the high country ever since before I was born. but I believe every purpose has borne endever
76 kz 900 1075 76 kz 900 a4 78 kz 1000 ltd

Last edit: by 9er rider.

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 17 Jun 2016 06:08 #731734

• GPzMOD750
  • User

9er rider wrote: Im an old fart and ive got one for ya,,,,I dont like looking through plastic and dont like smoked tent or clear tent it makes me two tents and I keep thinking tee pee wig wam but I believe in brown santa, UPS, big ass bugs in kansas suck when they drill you. so I stick to my own biz.Been rockin in the high country ever since before I was born. but I believe every purpose has borne endever

Ummm, OK. :dry:

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 17 Jun 2016 06:14 #731735

• Timbox
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
"You really should stop singing Disney princess tunes while you're riding. Besides where's your sense of adventure?"

WOW. I guess you know everything about me, You needed to add "Drop the mic". Sorry if I offended your feeling of freedom, that was not my intention.
Long time shade tree wrencher
KZ750 B3 (current Project)
03 B12S
09 KLR650
86 FJ1200
ZX14 (sold)
ZRX1200R (sold) Best bike I have ever owned, need another one

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 17 Jun 2016 06:49 #731742

• GPzMOD750
  • User

Timbox wrote: "You really should stop singing Disney princess tunes while you're riding. Besides where's your sense of adventure?"

WOW. I guess you know everything about me, You needed to add "Drop the mic". Sorry if I offended your feeling of freedom, that was not my intention.

I was just kidding with you. It's just seems every time they start singing the birds and furry critters converge. I thought it might be why you've tangled with them. I know windshields have they're advantages but I like the more raw experience of riding naked even though it might have some comfort disadvantages.

I actually had some loose asphalt thrown at me on the way to work this morning. The geezer in front of me couldn't decide where the lane was and we were going over some recently laid patching. Made me think of your post. Comes with the territory and I'm fine with it.

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 17 Jun 2016 08:34 #731753

• rrsmsw9999
  • User
  • Thank you received: 67
I take it you do use a windshield (ie full face) ??? Just a tiny hot uncomfortable one. :woohoo:

R
1980 KZ 1000E2
Crashed 6/2016

1980 KZ550A
Sold 3/2016

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 17 Jun 2016 09:09 #731760

• GPzMOD750
  • User

rrsmsw9999 wrote: I take it you do use a windshield (ie full face) ??? Just a tiny hot uncomfortable one. :woohoo:

R

I have a modular that's not too bad that I usually use. I also have a 3/4 with full shield that is great visibility wise.

I've never just used sun glasses. But I've got some now with goggle like pads that might work nicely. Then I'll be able to sample the bug pot luck.

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 17 Jun 2016 09:32 #731762

• rrsmsw9999
  • User
  • Thank you received: 67
Yep, I hate helmets with no shield due to the tug and strain. I love my helmet in cold and or rain, but I did ride the ST helmet less and shield less and it felt like warp speed. Plus I am old and face skin flappin in the breeze is not the biker image of my youth. On my Vulcan big barn door shield and 1000 mile days are effortless. I have a Hellfire 24 on ST and I am sure I will like the comfort it affords. Now to the head cover gasket and to get riding. :silly:
1980 KZ 1000E2
Crashed 6/2016

1980 KZ550A
Sold 3/2016

2 hr ride through some canyons, passes & Park City 17 Jun 2016 09:43 #731764

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2613
Bucking a 35 MPH head wind most of the way here. Instead of straining my body against it or tucking in like Ricky Racer, I just rode like I usually do. Had to drop down to 4th a couple times to stay at 80 but other than that, it was a good ride. :woohoo:
Nice to hide behind when and if it rains. Don't like the BB in the face feeling. :dry:
Steve