Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 07 Aug 2013 01:18 #600220

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Now for the rest of the photos: Saturday July 27th 2013. I relayed The KZ Rider North American Flag to Jon aka Kaw-a-holic. But first Lawrence needed some distilled water so off Jon went on a H20 Run!

Kaw-a-holic and SaxJonz in Jackson, Wyoming

Kaw-a-holic and I the morning of our Relay hand-off in Jackson, Wyoming.

Town Square in Jackson, WY. Bikes parked and Relay to commence. Kaw-a-holic's pics that have already been posted show the actual hand-off. Look back a page or two for those.

Split from Jon after the Flag Relay and departed Jackson on U.S. 26 North toward Yellowstone and The Teton Range. This view is of the Elk Refuge and Jackson in the background. Just up the road on the west side of the road is The Jackson Hole, A Valley in a Valley. The Snake River runs through it, truly incredible beautiful country!

After riding back over the Continental Divide, we stopped in Central Wyoming High Desert Country for gas. Here is a sign of Sad Native American Times Gone By.

Soon after Lawrence and I encountered some of the hardest rain storms I have ever ridden through. The rain storm lasted for 100 miles and chilled us to the bone. By the time we reached Lusk, Wy we were drying out and ready for a hot cup of chocolate and a good dinner. We then made it to Chadron, Nebraska for a hard nights rest before the final push back to the Omaha area. Thanks again to goodfastncheap for coming our way a bit with the truck & trailer. A great trip all in all. AND, would do it again!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 07 Aug 2013 01:41 #600225

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
Photo number 1 is a KZ gettin' AFTER it, and photo number 2 is a Porsche in the weeds! THAT must have been a HANDOFF! At altitude in JACKSON!
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 07 Aug 2013 01:44 #600226

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
HA! YES! Good One Peter!

BTW, Personal email issues, still going to send you the Full Monty Info!

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Aug 2013 14:49 #602649

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
Hey everybody in Relay Leg Threads: Remember to post your pictures here in this Relay Rider Photo Album. We need your photos here for all of KZ RIDERs to view! B)

AND, get ready for the culmination of all our efforts with the Rally of all Rallies. Details coming soon! ;)

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Aug 2013 16:24 #602659

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

Forrest wrote: Hey everybody in Relay Leg Threads: Remember to post your pictures here in this Relay Rider Photo Album. We need your photos here for all of KZ RIDERs to view! B)

AND, get ready for the culmination of all our efforts with the Rally of all Rallies. Details coming soon! ;)

Well i don't have many pic's from my ride. But I was waiting for Jon/ Kaw-a-holic to post first to keep things in order.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Aug 2013 18:09 #602677

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
10-4...... Kaw-a-holic actually beat me to posting pics AND I handed off to him. I was slow! Plus, I was nearly 1,400 from home and took a few days to rest. :laugh: I do understand. I kept mine in Chrono Order once I started posting. Look forward to seeing them.

BTW, If Jon has bigger fish to fry right now, maybe an Admin/Moderator can repost his from the NorthWest Leg Thread. :whistle:

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Aug 2013 19:48 #602690

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
A logged on member may post a copy of a pic from any thread into another thread.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

Last edit: by Patton.

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Aug 2013 22:07 #602713

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
Patton, You have all the answers! Thank You Sir! B)

You Sir have The KZ Rider Forum record for the most "Thank Yous" :cheer: Heck, you got more than twice as many Thank Yous as I do Posts! :ohmy: HOLY PROLIFIC POSTING PATTON MAN!

Good Fortune to YOU! ;)

Last edit: by Forrest.

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Aug 2013 22:27 #602720

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
Hey Kaw-a-holic, I am posting your copy and pics from the North West Leg Thread. I believe they are appropriate here. Hope your doing well Brother.

Here are the pics that I finally got downloaded off the camera.

OOPS

THE HAND OFF

This Leg of the Relay Ridden by and Photos by Kaw-a-holic on his 1977 KZ1000a1 out of Missoula, MT

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 23 Aug 2013 10:02 #602760

• Motor Head
  • User
Just to note I made it back to Bend and have the Flag. Toolmaker is up next, this coming weekend on Sunday. We need to set up a meet right?
So I rode 1300+ miles round trip,in three days, but 800 on Sunday. With an average of 40 MPG, not bad considering. I did get the Finger from one Harley rider. He was in a group of 5 I think, just going the opposite direction, I gave the usual hand signal wave, peace down low, and the front riders didn't return anything but the last guy flipped me off. So after that it was Blood Sport for those Harley's. I passed everyone I saw, at a buck and change. Might have something to do with the 40MPG. :evil:
Otherwise, it was real nice of Mike in Bend to ride up on Saturday night to tell me of Kaw-a-holic's crash. Let me know he was ok, but the bike smashed up. So I started to wonder if I could still meet up for a Hand-off. I had 0 cell reception out in any of this ride, don't use Virgin Mobile, so I asked the camp host, he has Verizon which worked. So I started leaving messages on Kaw-a-holic's phone about a meet still. Then on Sunday, I broke camp before the first Sparrows Fart, and rode. Keep trying to get reception, in the direction of Montana. When I got to Cambridge, ID on the 95, I was at a gas station that was closed, and an old retired 93 year old rancher drives up to me and asks me if i need gas. I said no I need a phone, and he offered his, also offered use of his computer back at his ranch. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. So that way I left a message here on KZR, also a PM to Kaw-a-holic, and also called him again. Then kept riding in his direction in hope this would work. Finally got a hold of him about 11:00am Pacific time,and I was about 25 miles from where he dodged the Deer. Then he agreed to come part way back to Idaho from Montana. Well there was some confusion, I went to far, in fact into Montana, turned around and went back. He was waiting, thankfully, as there is no cell service out there along that gorge. So once we made the hand-off and talked a bit, I turned and burned, riding all the way back to Cambridge that night. Then from there through Hell's Canyon up through Baker, onto the 7 SW to the 26 into John Day to meet up with Gary.
So while I rode my ass off, I didn't stop and smell the flowers or take pictures. I rode alone for all but the period with Gary. But it was worth it. I got to meet Mike and his friend on Saturday night. Then Jon (Kaw-a-holic) and his wife on Sunday, then Gary today/ Monday. Sure wish we could have ridden together guys. But it looks like it just wasn't in the cards. :(
The main thing is that Jon is OK. Just his bike, and his pride hurt.

I'll post a map link here:
This should be pretty close: goo.gl/maps/prKNp
And the Few photos Here:

The Handoff from Kaw-a-holic, to Me Motor Head

The Hand Off back From Gary-K7GLD just outside of Dayville Oregon
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
Attachments:

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 09 Sep 2013 21:42 #605770

• Motor Head
  • User
I got some photo's of the relay ride I can share with all of you. I just got back, had a shower and am sipping on a cold one.
First we have Bill (KZCSI) meeting up with us at my buddy Daves house at about 6am on Saturday.

Then we get under way and get up along Mt Hood.

Then we get to the Washington side of the Gorge, heading to Carson.

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 09 Sep 2013 21:48 #605771

• Motor Head
  • User
1 more of along the Gorge.

Then of Bill signing the Flag in Carson, as he carried it from my buddy's in Bend to Carson Washington.

Then where we went up behind Mt Rainer on the 410 hwy.

Then we meet with Brian (schuss) in Enumclaw, base of the Mt Rainer area,SE Seattle.

Then a couple of the rides Dave and I did over the Holiday Weekend in Washington St. 1200+ trip over 4 days.

Old Blewit Pass near the 97 in Washington, Dave and his CBX.

Last edit: by Motor Head.