• Page:

TOPIC:

Funny Story 10 Aug 2008 21:17 #231279

• Sandy
  • Sandy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
So the Warden and I went on our trip last month.We headed up north to Prince George(where I used to live,years ago).
It's about 700 miles from where we live here,so it took us a couple days to get there.Plus,we visited friends along the way.

About 125 miles from P.G.,we stop in at a major rest area,to get off the bike for a bit.I walk down to the creek and stretch my legs while havin a butt.The warden is standing at the bike,doing some scratch-and-lose tickets that she bought at the last stop.

I look over to see a guy laying under his trailer,that was hooked onto his pick-up.In the trailer was a quad.
I walk over and ask him how it's going,and if I can help out with anything.He mentions that he just had some work done on the trailer,and now he had no lights.
So I tell him that I have wire,tape and cutters if it'll help him,and he says sure,and to bring it over,thanks.
So he's under there for a while,and pops out,and we test the lights...nothing.So I take of my leather,and hand it and my shades to the Warden,and I crawl under the trailer to have a gander...what a mess.Just a rats-nest of wires going nowhere.I tried a few things,but to no avail.The guy thanks me again and he hits the highway,heading in the direction that we just came from.
So Dee and I walk back to the bike,to get geared up again,and get going...almost there(our destination) and I REALLY needed a beer!
So I get to the bike and ask Dee where she put my shades...
"OH SHIT...OH F***...OH SHIT!" was all I could get out of her.
"YOUR JACKET!!!...IT'S ON THAT GUYS QUAD!!!...WITH YOUR SHADES!":ohmy: :ohmy:
My wallet and phone are in my jacket...my wallet...with all my money and plastic for our trip.
Ya,the guy that we waved bye to,and watched head down the highway.:blink:
So I throw on my bucket...zip all open saddlebags closed,and get on with the chase.
I get onto the highway,and right in behind a motorhome.I pull out to have a look,and there's about 3 more cars in front of the motorhome,and WAYYYY up ahead,I see the guys truck(with my jacket in the back,lol)
I tried to pass,but we were approaching the crest of a hill,so I eased back and rode it out for a while...got over the hill and pulled out agin...nope...truck coming at me,so I pull back in and ease off again.I'm not panicking,but I really want to get to that friggen quad!
I wait for the truck to pass,and I check it out again...now there's about 4 more vehicles coming,so no way.I ease back,and wander over to the right of my lane,and up ahead,I see the guy pulling over to the right,with his signal light on...wahooo!
Yup...as he was driving along,something in his side-view mirror caught his eye.It was my leather getting airborn.:laugh:
So we looked for my shades,but no luck.I didn't care at this point,and I had a spare pair on the bike,but figured I'd have a better look anyway.I was gone probably about 10 minutes,and the whole while,Dee was thinking I was giving chase,lol.
So I head back to the rest area,and there's Dee standing with my shades in her hand.Ya,they were on the side-rail of the pick-up box,and they fell off in the rest-area,as he was weaving around,to get to the highway.

I started to laugh,because I KNOW the Warden ws probably on the verge of heaving,she felt so bad,lol.:laugh:

A happy ending,and before too long,We were at my Dads with beer in one hand,and food in the other.A few of my relatives were there too,so after hearing the story,we all had a good laugh(again):laugh:

What a wierd feeling though,let me tell ya!B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sandy.

Funny Story 10 Aug 2008 21:36 #231283

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
Barbeque?
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

Funny Story 10 Aug 2008 21:39 #231285

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
Nope...no BB-Q,but a load of finger foods and cold-cuts,etc.
And lots of beers n'laughs.;)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Funny Story 10 Aug 2008 22:55 #231293

• KZ250LTD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Oi, I've felt that one before, left my wallet outside at the lot where I work on the ground by accident. Was still in the place where I left it the day before, it'd just been run over a couple time :laugh:

Glad it had a happy ending, and beer! :P
79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

Funny Story 10 Aug 2008 23:34 #231302

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
KZ250LTD wrote:

Was still in the place where I left it the day before, it'd just been run over a couple time :laugh:

Lucky break, I once had a guy call me up shortly after I discovered my wallet had managed to make it's way out of my bag. Being on a cross country trip at the time, at first I was grateful that somebody would actually look for my number and try to track me down to give it back.

Instead, he wanted to know how much it was worth to me to get it back. In the end, he settled for taking the cash in the wallet and telling me which mile marker he was tossing it out his window at.

</warm feelings and faith in humanity>
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

Funny Story 11 Aug 2008 23:52 #231503

• kzr750r1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9
I like the nic name for the wife... :)

Way to stay on your toes.
KZ750R1 + 1991 ZR750 = KZR750R1
Better to be shot out of a cannon then squeezed through a tube. - HST

Funny Story 12 Aug 2008 08:19 #231561

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
kzr750r1 wrote:

I like the nic name for the wife... :)

Way to stay on your toes.

Ya,it took her a while to get used to it,but eventually,she adjusted.;)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Funny Story 05 Sep 2008 14:58 #235681

• Rich
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
That's a good story. It's frustrating to lose stuff that way. I left my wallet on the roof of the car when we were getting gas on the way to the beach, we were 50 miles away before I realized it. Never saw it again:angry:

Funny Story 05 Sep 2008 18:48 #235718

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
I know...it's such a disheartening feeling,almost like the end of the world.
I've lost a wallet or 2,never to be seen again,and it does hurt.

Reminds me of a couple of situations...I found a young fellas wallet(he was 15...no money in it),but after searching through the phonebook,I got in touch with a relative of his,and she passed the message on.
He showed up with a thank-you card,and offered me a reward($5).
I turned down the reward,and thanked him for the card,and told him that,that was probably the nicest thing he could have done.I was TOTALLY impressed with him,and tod him to just ,"Pay it forward"...too kool.

So then a couple years ago,the Warden and I were on one of the toy-runs in the area,right...at one point we broke from the other 400 bikes to get a bite to eat,knowing we'd see them coming through,and we'd just rejoin.We spot a wallet in the middle of the highway($20 inside)...long story short,we get home,and do everything in our power to get ahold of the guy.We finally get his parents,and leave a message.
The guy was in his late 30's,and was a truck-driver.He shows up here to claim his wallet...doesn't even offer a case of beer,or the money inside,which I did n't expect.
I THINK he said thanks,and left.
The Warden and I just sat there...:huh:

Doesn't mean that I won't do it again,but that one left a bad taste in my mouth.
I KNOW the feeling of losing a wallet,and I WILL pay it forward...for EVER.B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

• Page: