Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 10:21 #635776

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Street Fighter LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1953
Well I had a very close call Saturday.
I was leaving my home at 2pm on a perfect sunny day. My road has thick woods on one side and houses on the other side along the lake. Knowing of the limited sight distances caused by the heavy vegetation I was going 10 mph hugging the bushes in a right turn. At the mid point of the turn I came face to face with a small red pickup truck that was also hugging the tree line. With zero time to do anything fancy I locked up the brakes and forced the bike down on its right side to present the bike instead of my body to the impact. This worked and I only bearly contacted the trucks LR tire as it swerved back onto the other side of the road.
Well Now Im laying on the ground with my right side pounding in pain from my crushed right foot, Bruised knee, Ribs and Right arm..I shut off the bike and Check myself over and see all important parts are still attached and climb up to see Im all alone !!! The trucks gone !! Left me for dead !!
Afew people began to show up and call 911 and are talking to me for a bout 4 minutes when this young red head shows up and says she is sorry for being on my side of the road so she could make a sweeping turn into her driveway. So Now I see she was parked only 40 feet from the scene and chose to park, and go in her house and NOT call 911 before coming outside when she sees a crowd gathering. I told her to back away from me and that the police are on their way as Im to mad and in to much pain to deal with her.
Well a few more minutes go by and Im so distracted I don't notice she now has left the accident and left and gone back to work a few miles from where Im at !!!
This became apparent when My buddy the local police sargent shows up and checks for her at her house and finds out she split !!!
WELL now Im mad and had to go to the hospital So today and Monday I will find out what the police are doing with her.
I know I plan on going after her thru the courts as IM more crippled up than before and can barely walk or breate
The only real good news for all you KZ fans is I was on my Harley and not my Turbo KZ

BE CARE FULL OUT THERE !!!!!
dAVE

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 11:00 #635778

• pete greek1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 185
Sorry to hear, Dave, was she a kid, or a grown up ? ...hope she has insurance. & hope she gets charged for leaving the scene of an accident.
Pete
1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 11:58 #635783

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
Dumb bitch needs that azz hammered out......... :pinch:

Prosecute her to the fullest, then sue her for everything.

Get a Lawyer right away, don't say anything to anybody...even on here,

Don't give a statement to insurance or cops.

Don't sign anything,

Don't wait.......

Sounds like you are really hurting. Glad your doing ok. Sorry about the bike.

Last edit: by 4TheKZ1000.

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 13:16 #635792

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 294
Glad to hear you are OK, more or less. She left the scene of an accident...hang her. :angry:
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

The following user(s) said Thank You: 4TheKZ1000, Street Fighter LTD

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 13:27 #635793

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132
Sorry to hear this man hope you heal quickly.

People don't always handle themselves correctly especially in extreme situations so whichever way you go just be thankful it wasn't worse.
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 14:07 #635798

• Old Man Rock
  • User
  • Thank you received: 225
WTF... This is 2 members down (you & Sax) in the last week or so.....

Glad to hear nothing to serious that time won't heal for both of you and Sax....

OMR
1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 15:10 #635803

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
Wow, a whole rash of accidents on the zrxoa and this?! I'm sorry to hear that man. My accident was because I was totally taken away in a world of thought considering my job and my son getting bit and having stitches in his lip and the fact that all of my students that love band are now going to have to choose another class. CPS SUCKS No Child Left Behind My Ass. Done with rant. lol
Yeah, what is it with stupid women? Definitely press charges against her. She is so stupid, she doesn't deserve to breathe let alone ever drive again. Leaving the scene of an accident is the last of her problems.
Any broken bones? I hope not. I need to get out and see you this summer along with some of the guys here if they have a chance. Your bike is the biz. Thank God we are all still alive and kicking.

Old Man Rock wrote: WTF... This is 2 members down (you & Sax) in the last week or so.....

Glad to hear nothing to serious that time won't heal for both of you and Sax....

OMR

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Last edit: by saxjonz. Reason: spelling

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 16:10 #635814

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Street Fighter LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1953
Thanks To All Of You ;)
I would like to forgive ,but leaving me for dead ? I have never sued anybody in my life , but I believe its time to give this serious consideration. I will at a minimum make sure the police and courts give this bitch Hell.
I had a visit today from a biker minister friend of mine and we prayed and gave thanks for the ability to one day ride with out pain again, but even this man of God prayed for justice to be swift to take this menace off the road.
Thanks for letting me vent . It has been a rough 2 days with some more yet to come. But as my friends like to joke . I must be a cockroach as Im proving to be damn hard to kill
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxjonz

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 16:39 #635819

• mopguy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 168
Glad to see you are still here with us, and I will pray for you to heal quick.
I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 Ltd. I bought new. I recently managed to get it out of my garage after 28 years and put it on the road again (2010). I feel like a kid all over again. Since I have acquired 3 78 KZ1000 Ltd, 1 1981 KZ1000 Ltd, and another 1980 KZ750 Ltd. Love the LTD's.

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 17:27 #635823

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
Hope your smashed foot isn't that bad and even not broken but keep us posted. I know when I went down I was knocked in to next week. I'm pretty sure I was knocked out and when I came to trying to get up found I couldn't breathe hardly at all for at least the entire weekend but at first I felt prisoner in my body and was pissed cause I couldn't move wondering if I broke my neck or the rest of my body. I'm still sore and tender at my ankle that would have broken had I not been wearing my protective boots, my elbow feels better but had I not had pads to land on, I am sure that I would have shattered my elbow or at least broken it, my back still hurts pretty bad and I'm sure the pads in my jacket kept me from more injury and road rash as my jacket was skinned up pretty good, better that than my hyde. My gloves didn't rip but I busted my knuckle open pretty good. It's healing up now but had I not worn my gloves I think it would have been worse and I'm going to by better thicker gloves with knuckle protectors for sure, and that helmet.....I can't begin to say how much this saved my ass as I hit three times on it. I am quite sure that after I pounded the pavement hard without a helmet I would have gone coma at best. ATGATT baby!
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 08 Jun 2014 18:32 #635836

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Glad to hear that it wasn't worse, and that you'll heal up from those injuries.
Stupid drivers are Everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Riders Beware!!!!! :sick:
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Had to lay down my Bike Saturday 09 Jun 2014 03:57 #635888

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
Sorry to hear about the accidents. Many do happen within a few miles of home. I did a poker run on Saturday with 5 bar stops. Nice Pig Roast at the end with great food. PEPSI all day for me.

It is as it has always been...people don't think about motorcycles so when you're riding you have to do their thinking for them as well as your own..... B.O.G.B.S. That's short for something I learned in 1979 in the telephone industry. It's related to the color scheme in cable pairs. Blue, Orange Green, Brown Slate.... They said just remember Be On Guard Be Safe.....kind of sticks in your mind...
Larry C.