• Page:

TOPIC:

KZ650E1 28 Aug 2023 01:03 #888772

• Deon
  • Deon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 1964/07/20
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello again, i have not been on here for a while but thought i would give an update. I got the bike running but very rough. I took off the carbs and done a ultrasonic clean and complete rebuild on all the carbs. Managed to sort out a few more electrical issues and glad to say it is running and riding very well. Back on the road since 2005. 
Still have a few cosmetic things to sort out. 
The engine is quite noisy though, not sure if thats normal for these bikes. 
Also, i know it is air cooled but the engine does get very hot after a ride out. You would not want to accidentally put your leg against it. Is that also normal for air cooled engine.
I want to put my box on the bike, does anyone know what rack and where i could get one from as not having much luck on the net.
cheers 
Hello from the UK
NC750X
KZ650E1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ650E1 28 Aug 2023 06:31 #888782

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1623
Did you vacuum synchronize the carburetors?  How about a valve clearance check?  
Your 650 should have a roller cam chain with cam chain rollers, so it might be a tad noisy.
As for a luggage carrier, you might be able to find a vintage KZ650 luggage rack.  If not, K&G luggage racks from back in the day can be found all over EB.  universal fit but the luggage rack arms can vary.   These can be listed in all sorts of ways, sometimes depending on what motorcycle they were on, such as a CB750 or GS850 etc, but usually K&G or KG. Here's one on my motorcycle. The arms attach to the shock mounts and the rack attaches to the stock frame grip mounting points. I don't know if your 650E will have a RH frame mounting point. 

1981 KZ650-CSR w K&G luggage rack. sissy bar is removable. 

KZ650E1 28 Aug 2023 08:17 #888788

• Deon
  • Deon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 1964/07/20
  • Thank you received: 4
Very good point and would explain why it sounds like a bag of nails. I will first check the float levels and valve clearances then do the sync. I have seen a few kits available on the net at very different prices. Is the kit bike specific? Which might be the right sync kit for the kawaski?
Help appreciated.
Hello from the UK
NC750X
KZ650E1

• Page: