Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Value of 76 kz900 engine 07 Oct 2020 09:05 #836345

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512
Hi KZstreetfighter 71, Good for you buying the Phoenix. I am just butting in, I sold a KZ1000 complete engine in 2018 for $700.00 US dollars.
And I just sold a KZ/Z1 dragbike body the went to IRELAND. A Man named Tony Hogan. Any chance you know him??
But I did a lot of work to a 77/78 KZ1000 engine and head. Not assembled, but ready to be. I shipped it via LTL Freight From New York to Arizona. I gave the guy a break on $ and did not charge him the ebay % commision. Because no one pulled the trigger from eBay when it was listed in 8-2018.
But check this out. And from being in Logistics and Shipping for 32 yrs. I learned to package overkill! To make it safe! I have seen it all! from Fedex To UPS and the USPS. Palletized ready for a fork lift. Imagine that? I still have stretch film rolls from 10 yrs. ago when I retired! TIP in USA! "Old Dominion Freight" Cheapest for LTL pallet shipments. As long as you get the pallet to their docks.
This Head was ready to install with shimmed stock cams. The pistons were not installed just sitting in bore.
I was proud of this one. I even polished the side covers! I made jigs to hold valve cover up a 1/2" to keep off unbolted cams. This way the orange straps held the engine to the skid. And a wood frame cage, with lots of stretch film.
Just another story to share in the KZ world. The red body was what went to Ireland. It was a 78 only gas tank with the flat bolt on petcock valve. The last picture.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by z1kzonly.

Value of 76 kz900 engine 07 Oct 2020 23:47 #836380

• kzstreetfighter71
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
  • Thank you received: 250

z1kzonly wrote: Hi KZstreetfighter 71, Good for you buying the Phoenix. I am just butting in, I sold a KZ1000 complete engine in 2018 for $700.00 US dollars.
And I just sold a KZ/Z1 dragbike body the went to IRELAND. A Man named Tony Hogan. Any chance you know him??
But I did a lot of work to a 77/78 KZ1000 engine and head. Not assembled, but ready to be. I shipped it via LTL Freight From New York to Arizona. I gave the guy a break on $ and did not charge him the ebay % commision. Because no one pulled the trigger from eBay when it was listed in 8-2018.
But check this out. And from being in Logistics and Shipping for 32 yrs. I learned to package overkill! To make it safe! I have seen it all! from Fedex To UPS and the USPS. Palletized ready for a fork lift. Imagine that? I still have stretch film rolls from 10 yrs. ago when I retired! TIP in USA! "Old Dominion Freight" Cheapest for LTL pallet shipments. As long as you get the pallet to their docks.
This Head was ready to install with shimmed stock cams. The pistons were not installed just sitting in bore.
I was proud of this one. I even polished the side covers! I made jigs to hold valve cover up a 1/2" to keep off unbolted cams. This way the orange straps held the engine to the skid. And a wood frame cage, with lots of stretch film.
Just another story to share in the KZ world. The red body was what went to Ireland. It was a 78 only gas tank with the flat bolt on petcock valve.

First off z1kzonly seriously nice work on that motor, i would eat my dinner of that, second Irish people tend to get all defensive when suggested that we all know each other but the reality is that he is probably my second cousins best-friends husband and i have more than likely been at a rally where he was at the same time. I go to the vintage Japanese shows when i can, well apart from this year and ill look out for a bike with that tail piece, it will most likely be a stretched out streetbike as there is little or no drag racing in Ireland these days, be safe mate.
06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)

Value of 76 kz900 engine 21 Oct 2020 10:28 #837389

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 503
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAnother example:

'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardrockminer

Last edit: by DOHC.

Value of 76 kz900 engine 21 Oct 2020 15:55 #837410

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
Pretty good price, especially for a Z1R engine.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

• Page: