Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bike cam 11 Mar 2016 22:13 #715050

• 750Kruzer
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Lol

The cost of taking care of end of life patients who are smokers is considerably higher than that of non smokers

I smoked from when I was 12 until 48. We also know the big tobacco cos of yesteryear wanted to get us hooked/addicted. That's no big secret.
Inhaling tobacco smoke isn't healthy. Even the Indians didn't inhale
1983 KZ750 LTD Twin K1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike cam 12 Mar 2016 06:01 #715065

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
Here's an idea, spend all the extra "tax" and fine money on programs to quit smoking and on health costs associated with smoking.
Never happen. That would actually do something and make sense. They would rather unfairly tax a group of people that bought into a scam that was supported by big business, the government, the media and spend that money on their pet projects.
It was pointed out, the extra "tax" has caused a reduction in smokers but also a reduction in revenue so they raise the tax again.
Steve

Bike cam 12 Mar 2016 19:12 #715160

• 750Kruzer
  • User
steve and his comments about "Libs" and "taxes" Turned this thread into an pro-smoking manifesto

I come here to talk and learn about bikes, not put down people who dont share my particular ploitical persuasion

For the record, Im a middle aged biker that comes her to talk about and appeciate bikes. If this is an unofficial conservatives-only forum then just let me know. I was under the impression that this was a bike forum as opposed to a political forum
1983 KZ750 LTD Twin K1

Bike cam 12 Mar 2016 19:23 #715162

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Nothing political intended. I mention cigarettes and it begins. I didn't mind being it's my thread. More clips to come. B)
Steve

Bike cam 12 Mar 2016 19:34 #715163

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265
Guess I better not bring up that perv Billy Clinton not inhaling either then. :laugh:
1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Bike cam 12 Mar 2016 19:48 #715164

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I'd like to quit. Had a patch when I was in the hospital and was OK. As soon as I was able to take a wheel chair out I went outside and had one, then two. by the third one, I decided to go back in. I was discharged the next day. I got kicked out for smoking. :lol:
Now that I don't have dogs to kick, the children are grown and gone, maybe I'll try to quit again. I'm not a nice person when I'm craving a smoke. :whistle:
Maybe I'll just ride more and take more clips. :)
Steve

Bike cam 13 Mar 2016 06:42 #715181

• 750Kruzer
  • User
Fair enough & it is your thread.

I just got worked-up, REALLY worked-up. My bro is a conservative too so I'm not completely living in a bubble but I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a political forum that occasionally talks about bikes as opposed to a bike forum that occasionally talks about politics especially given There's a user here w/ an overt political avatar of the current President not exactly portrayed in a good way. I think you know which user Im referring to. What if I had an avatar w/ Reagan in clown make-up? How would that go over? I don't do that because this is a biker forum so I'm not here to talk politics. There are plenty of political msg boards out there to do that on

I think that stuff ought to be separate from biking but that's just me.

In closing, I'm a bad-ass Kawasaki rider who B) doesn't come here to argue over policy.

/end rant

PS- I got patches from the VA hospital to help me quit smoking. They had a volunteer guy come in to give the class ( two sessions) and he was someone who stopped using snuff. I belive it was the current fed govt quit smokiing 20 pg long helpful guide. Maybe from the USDA?

I think you just have to be ready. I intended to quit many times but my heart wasn't in it.
1983 KZ750 LTD Twin K1

Last edit: by 750Kruzer.

Bike cam 13 Mar 2016 07:14 #715187

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I know the one you're talking about. I found it humorous. :lol: There's another one that is meant to be but I didn't get it until a member tried to make an issue of it and it was explained it was part of a skit in a event. :blush: We all have our own tastes. I'm liberal in the sense I don't mind a little dialog slightly off topic in my thread even if it isn't complementary to me. Got a thick skin. :whistle: I've had to be riding a "rice burner" for 40 years, single parent 15 years, lead man/foreman on various jobs over my career, working with the SO 20 years, Chair of the CSA104 road committee 12 and a mother, grandparents and siblings that would vote for a "yellow dog" if it belonged to their party. When my mother told me she "made a mistake voting for that man", somehow it all became worthwhile. :dry:
We all have one thing in common, the bikes. B)
Steve

Bike cam 13 Mar 2016 08:10 #715201

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

750Kruzer wrote: Fair enough & it is your thread.

I just got worked-up, REALLY worked-up. My bro is a conservative too so I'm not completely living in a bubble but I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a political forum that occasionally talks about bikes as opposed to a bike forum that occasionally talks about politics especially given There's a user here w/ an overt political avatar of the current President not exactly portrayed in a good way. I think you know which user Im referring to. What if I had an avatar w/ Reagan in clown make-up? How would that go over? I don't do that because this is a biker forum so I'm not here to talk politics. There are plenty of political msg boards out there to do that on

I think that stuff ought to be separate from biking but that's just me.

In closing, I'm a bad-ass Kawasaki rider who B) doesn't come here to argue over policy.

/end rant

PS- I got patches from the VA hospital to help me quit smoking. They had a volunteer guy come in to give the class ( two sessions) and he was someone who stopped using snuff. I belive it was the current fed govt quit smokiing 20 pg long helpful guide. Maybe from the USDA?

I think you just have to be ready. I intended to quit many times but my heart wasn't in it.

Trouble is I like smoking. Can't smoke in bars anymore, beer and cigs go hand in hand so I don't go out anymore. Having a smoke break after activities, you know the kind I'm referring to :lol: just tops it off. Having a smoke at a fill up and a hundred miles breaks up the monotony. Same with work. I'm not in to other forms of smoking material :S And at least it's not cigars. :sick:
Old Jimmy always had that stubby stogie in his mouth and the smell? UGH :blink:
Maybe I will quit one day. I've been known to do some bizarre things in my life. That might just one more of them. :whistle:
Steve

Last edit: by SWest. Reason: sp

Bike cam 13 Mar 2016 09:05 #715208

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
Here's an attempt of salvaging the thread.

What cam are you using?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Bike cam 13 Mar 2016 10:37 #715217

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationIt's one I bought on eBay. $59 delivered. I've had cheaper ones but they didn't last. I don't expect this on to ether. So far/so good. It's even cheaper now. If someone snags it, no great loss.
Steve

Bike cam 13 Mar 2016 10:46 #715220

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

swest wrote: It's one I bought on eBay. $59 delivered. I've had cheaper ones but they didn't last. I don't expect this on to ether. So far/so good. It's even cheaper now. If someone snags it, no great loss.
Steve

I see I got a SJ1000 used for like $25 shipped, I've used it a little bit but not on the bike yet. I bought a Liquid Image 727 last month and was really liking it. It stopped working after only using it 3-4 times. I logged onto their web site this morning and left a message. We'll see where that takes us.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.