Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bike cam 13 Mar 2016 14:45 #715245

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2613
Just got off patrol and coming home a land yacht was blocking Dillon road. :ohmy: I'll post it soon. I directed traffic until he could get out of the road.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike cam 13 Mar 2016 18:50 #715290

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Good thing traffic was light. :whistle:
Steve

Bike cam 26 Mar 2016 19:19 #717498

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Coming home yesterday I had to split traffic. Some drivers let you pass, some try to keep you back. I didn't get the worst ones, the battery died so I stopped at a rest area and put in the spare. Had some old jerk try to pass me in my lane in a white Ford truck. Close to reserve I got off for some gas. Back on a guy in a Vette tried to block me but the other driver let me by and I gave him a open and closed hand wave.Typical day on the road. :dry:
Steve

Bike cam 27 Mar 2016 07:54 #717571

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
Lane spitting isn't legal here. I don't know if I'd have the nerve to try it. I'm sure there are certain rules and methods you should use. The only advantage we have here is we're allowed to use the HOV lane. That is rarely an advantage as you always get behind the hybrid that isn't really going faster than the rest of the lanes. You might be able to avoid a little bit of congestion in some spots.

Bike cam 27 Mar 2016 08:03 #717575

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
They're called diamond lanes here. Not much better. I always stay in-between the #1/2 lanes with my L turn signal on. When I see another bike coming up I move over and let them pass. I've had cars move over for me after they do or some close together to stop me. Like with the Vette, I waited, the car next to him and moved over for me. You can see the nose of the truck on my left just before I started over. I use to carry a bolt for jerks like that. I thought about golf balls but they would hurt someone else so I won't. I keep telling myself if he does this to me, he will to another and ether get his a$$ kicked or a ticket. Ether way it's not my problem, it's HIS.
Steve

Bike cam 27 Mar 2016 10:14 #717593

• GPzMOD750
  • User
Yeah, ours have the diamonds on them too. I just did a quick check and it appears that lane splitting isn't specifically prohibited in any state, it's not expressly legal either, even in CA. CA, however, is the only state that allows/tolerates it, CHP has released guidelines on the practice. Everywhere else will cite you for some reg or other if you are caught doing it, improper lane change, passing on right, reckless/exhibition driving, etc.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_splitting
americanmotorcyclist.com/rights/position...s/lanesplitting.aspx

Bike cam 27 Mar 2016 12:45 #717612

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I don't mind riding slow or stopping once in a while but air cooled engines can't tolerate too much of that plus the car behind me tends to be right on my ass and I've had them move on me because they don't think I'm moving fast enough. At that point I leave them behind only to have them catch up with me when It's clear and cut me off or some other STUPID SHT. Better to just split the lane and not have that issue. :whistle:
Steve

Bike cam 01 Apr 2016 13:08 #718712

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
I came in a bit late on the Smoke thing but they are currently around $30 a pack here and the govt wants to make them $40 - $45 - now thats a good reason to quit.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Bike cam 01 Apr 2016 13:11 #718713

• GPzMOD750
  • User

Zephyrrider wrote: I came in a bit late on the Smoke thing but they are currently around $30 a pack here and the govt wants to make them $40 - $45 - now thats a good reason to quit.

Or make a killing in the black market. B)

Bike cam 01 Apr 2016 13:24 #718716

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
WOW, might as take up smoking pot then. That crap makes me stupid. :S
Steve

Bike cam 01 Apr 2016 14:40 #718730

• The_Proletariat
  • User
  • "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
  • Thank you received: 13
This is an entertaining thread. Keep the stories coming!
1982 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD

Bike cam 01 Apr 2016 14:54 #718732

• jakedude
  • User
  • Thank you received: 30

Zephyrrider wrote: I came in a bit late on the Smoke thing but they are currently around $30 a pack here and the govt wants to make them $40 - $45 - now thats a good reason to quit.

Where I live you buy your smokes at the Indian reservation. They are about 10 buck a pack in town and 4 bucks a pack at the res.

swest wrote: WOW, might as take up smoking pot then. That crap makes me stupid. :S
Steve

Pot makes me both fat and stupid.
Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.