Bike of the Month.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
06 Jun 2024 12:06 #900371 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Bike of the Month.
Yes! All of the Above!
What a nice feeling to see a finished project.
I have felt this feeling over the years.
Is the latest big motorcycle finished?

Marty in Buffalo, NY

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

The following user(s) said Thank You: calum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2024 06:26 #900421 by ronnieV
Replied by ronnieV on topic Bike of the Month.
Beautiful bike.This is why I love this site,to see the love and work folks put in these kz's is the best. Great work. I too like the black motor.

77 ltd1000 80 ltd1000 78kz1000a ,02 red zrx 12r, 94 cb1000 big one ,03 valkyrie (my couch) 65 olds 442
The following user(s) said Thank You: calum

• Wookie58
  • Away
More
30 Jun 2024 11:27 #901541 by Wookie58
Replied by Wookie58 on topic Bike of the Month.
Apologies for being a few hours early this month, got a busy day tomorrow - Staying in Europe this month with a move to Scandinavia for Jonas's stunning "J" yet another example of the great work you guys do - over to JonasI bought the bike 2018 after a couple of years “bike hiatus”, having small kids and no time to ride. Before that I had a short take at custom bikes, riding a Victory. Well, I like the look of these classic bikes, and when I found one locally I bought it quick. It had Öhlins shocks and looked like a true 80s super bike. Condition was pretty rough and my ambition to start was to get it fixed up and clean. I repaired the speedometer, changed the ignition lock and refurbished chassis parts like brakes and swing bearing. Also rebuilt the carburettors and ignition parts. It started to run pretty good, However, It had this engine rattle so 2 years ago I removed the engine and started rebuilding it. Replaced cam chain, guides, pistons 0,5 and got the head refurbished by an engine shop. Not really planned, but I took the opportunity to powder coat the frame at the same time, and this winter I got the tank and fenders a new fresh coat! I have intentionally never added up all the costs, especially all the NOS-parts. I have found parts in the UK, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Greece, US, Japan and the Philippines (new upper cam chain guide!) and I have probably forgot a few countries. There is still some small parts still in their original paint, but they are getting scarce! It’s good to have some work for winter left…This restoration would not have been possible without this forum! Thanks a lot for all the contributions.
It is also appropriate to thank my wife. When the bike was finished this spring, I almost dropped it when lowering the centre stand. Bike fell towards the floor, but my wife somehow saved it with her knee!? She got a scar and I had to buy her a diamond necklace, I’m not sure what would have been cheapest. Anyhow bike survived 

• The following user(s) said Thank You: Mcdroid, willemZ900, scubaanders, howardhb

• Scirocco
    • Premium Member
    • Never change a running system
    More
    30 Jun 2024 15:24 - 30 Jun 2024 15:51 #901563 by Scirocco
    Replied by Scirocco on topic Bike of the Month.
    Wow, i love the black paint and decal job. It looks amazing on his bike, all my 4 thumbs up for his great skills.

Here is my ( not a BOTM Kawasaki ) in permanent progress black beauty project bike.

and the next stupid money wasting up-grades......

• Last edit: 30 Jun 2024 15:51 by Scirocco.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonas_Z1000j

More
    30 Jun 2024 20:58 #901571 by sf4t7
    Replied by sf4t7 on topic Bike of the Month.
    Congratulations Jonas on a well deserved BOTM !
    Love the colors but I can't decide between stripes or no stripes in your photos.

Scotty

1974 Z1A
    welded Z1 crank
    Andrews 1X Cams
    Delkevic 4 into 1

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
    • User
    • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
    More
    01 Jul 2024 05:44 #901581 by slmjim+Z1BEBE
    Replied by slmjim+Z1BEBE on topic Bike of the Month.
    Fine result & well-deserved Congrats!

Good Ridin'
    slmjim & Z1BEBE

A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
    A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1973 ('72 builds) Z1 x2
    1974 Z1-A x2
    1975 Z1-B x2
    1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
    2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
    An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
    on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

• Bozo
    • Sustaining Member
    • Ride it like u stole it
    More
    01 Jul 2024 06:45 #901584 by Bozo
    Replied by Bozo on topic Bike of the Month.
    Really nice looking build, looks fantastic.

First Permanent ride the Z1R since Dec1977 (220,000km) as of June 2015
    Second permanent bike 1989 FJ1200 dyno'd 140RWH, great bike.
    Third ride is now the Frankenstein 1981 GPZ1100B1, 1983 fully recon motor fitted LOVE THIS BIKE
    Forth my work bike FJ1200 1989 (same type as FJ above)

• Wookie58
    • Away
    More
    01 Aug 2024 00:52 - 01 Aug 2024 00:55 #902724 by Wookie58
    Replied by Wookie58 on topic Bike of the Month.
    So this month we are back in the USA for a "tribute" to Mrs Slayers GPZ1100 which has now moved on to pastures new. This bike has had several subtle "upgrades during it's "refresh" and what a "warm and fuzzy" feeling Slayer must of had when his lovely wife showed her appreciation for all his hard work by muttering the following word "it was better before"   and so, the story Mrs. slayer's GPz1100 refresh & upgrade - KZRider Forum - KZRider, KZ, Z1 & Z Motorcycle Enthusiast's Forum Fellas, I just wrapped up the upgrade on my Suzuki, well, almost... and so the lift was clear for the first time in a long time. My wife has always ridden & owned her own motorcycles & her big GPz is next up on the lift. Plans include a Suzuki aluminum GS1100 swingarm conversion, fresh brakes & maybe a fork swap as well... we'll see how it goes & what SHE wants!We bought this bike 5-6 years ago, put a new air filter in it, changed the oil & rode it on the KZR flag relay. Only now (Oct 2020)   are we putting close eyes on it. The REAR tire is a 110-90-18! Are you serious? The FRONT tire on my Suzuki is a 110!So the entire front end has been removed & the front brakes disassembled... What a mess. The fronts were horrible! Z1 to the rescue! pads & stainless lines in the basket.As the dis-assembly continues, I find more & more really ugly stuff. Sunday morning, after feeling the horrid condition of the steering stem bearings, it was removed along with the balance of all other components on the front of the bike.Whilst “going through” the running gear I sourced a set of GPZ750 three spoke wheels (keeping it in the family) which have been treated to new boots and rotors. To top things off it now has a radial MC and a pair of adjustable levers.  A significant upgrade to the intake was added in the form of RS34 pumpers with K&N’s, aided by a refurbed Kerker pipe.Slimming down the instruments has completely changed the riders view in the cockpit. Lot’s of subtle mods make this a truly unique GPZ.Unfortunately she has now moved on to pastures new. (the bike, not Mrs Slayer  )

• Last edit: 01 Aug 2024 00:55 by Wookie58.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61, Scirocco

More
    01 Aug 2024 05:34 - 01 Aug 2024 05:35 #902733 by ronnieV
    Replied by ronnieV on topic Bike of the Month.
    Great build on a beautiful bike. Being a previous Red ZRX12R owner which is now my son's I love these bikes. Well done. 

77 ltd1000 80 ltd1000 78kz1000a ,02 red zrx 12r, 94 cb1000 big one ,03 valkyrie (my couch) 65 olds 442
  • Last edit: 01 Aug 2024 05:35 by ronnieV. Reason: Skipped a word
    The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61

• howardhb
    • Sustaining Member
    • God, I trust
    More
    01 Aug 2024 05:36 #902734 by howardhb
    Replied by howardhb on topic Bike of the Month.
    I love GPZ's
    Well done!

'81 GPz 550 D1
    '81 GPz 1100 B1 ELR "Tribute" www.kzrider.com/our-forum/11-projects/61...-elr-tribute?start=0
    '82 Yamaha YB100 Fizzie
    '79 Suzuki GT200 X5 TWO STROKE TWIN - SMOKER!

• slayer61
    • User
    • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
    More
    02 Aug 2024 06:53 #902787 by slayer61
    Replied by slayer61 on topic Bike of the Month.
    Thanks for the honor fellas. Much appreciated. It's kinda surreal being in a class with other such great project bikes. [bows gracefully/]

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
    Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD

More
    02 Aug 2024 17:55 #902814 by sf4t7
    Replied by sf4t7 on topic Bike of the Month.
    Well deserved recognition, slayer

Scotty

1974 Z1A
    welded Z1 crank
    Andrews 1X Cams
    Delkevic 4 into 1