Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 01:23 #156903

• markmeinteil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry to hear about your title woes.:( I had some problems myself getting my bike titled, so I know what you're going through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 07:13 #156915

• BSKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
what about a storage or mechanics lein, if you have the last owners name, tell them you stored it for a couple of years and he is not to be found, you are claiming it for the back fees. the mechanics lein, you worked on it he left it never to be heard from again
77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 08:14 #156924

• flht1997
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
wisconsin is the same way. i helps to know a cop but it will still take a year to get a title. i really will not go after a bike if it does not have a title, unless it is just for parts.
i laugh when you see ads on craigslist and ebay where the guy says that he will give a reciept so getting a title wont be any trouble.
anyway, i also have one liscense plate for all my kawasaki's, they are all a 75' kz400, and i am prepared to pay the ticket if i get it,all the bikes have titles in my name i am just to cheap to get the plates.
Matt Milwaukee, WI
75' KZ400, (5) 78' KZ400, 76' KZ 750, 78' KZ650
78'CB750F, 78' CB550K
89' BMW R100RT
05' H-D Electra Glide
06' KLR650
Do it right or don't bother doing it at all.

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 14:15 #156983

• brich
  • brich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
xlandisx wrote:

Also, I was looking in other forums and the link above for the title company had some info that put me off. Someone posted that you get a Maine license plate, and Maine registration (NOT TITLE). He then sends you a packet that says this will be enough to get a title in your state. I could be wrong, but I don't see how I can have a vehicle registered and plated in Maine, if I live in PA, and even if this is legit, how this will allow my DMV to issue a title.

Jim

see that is what i am afraid of .. no friggen way NJ DMV is issuing a title if all i have is a Maine reg and plates. They will say, go to Maine and get a title, then bring it back here and we will give you an NJ title.
1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 14:20 #156984

• brich
  • User
flht1997 wrote:

anyway, i also have one liscense plate for all my kawasaki's, they are all a 75' kz400, and i am prepared to pay the ticket if i get it,all the bikes have titles in my name i am just to cheap to get the plates.

lol .. i already registered and insured it as my KZ650! Then my buddy and me made a real nice aluminum serial number and factory info with his tin stamps. Then I just popped that bad boy over the serial numbers so it all matches up for inspection and if i get pulled over. My practical side still wants to do it legit .. but my screwn NJ DMV side is just gonna ride it like this for the rest of the summer.
1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 15:10 #156991

• flht1997
  • User
i bet you could take a picture of the neck decal and photoshop your numbers on it and print it out on a sticker, laminate and stick it on, it will look just like Ma Kaw did it :)
Matt Milwaukee, WI
75' KZ400, (5) 78' KZ400, 76' KZ 750, 78' KZ650
78'CB750F, 78' CB550K
89' BMW R100RT
05' H-D Electra Glide
06' KLR650
Do it right or don't bother doing it at all.

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 16:54 #157000

• brich
  • User
Your my new hero! D@mn good idea. I am going to do that. I'll save the .psd file and post it so that others can use the template. I knew all that photoshop knowledge would come in handy some day!! :lol:

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 20:35 #157038

• ww2willys
  • User
brich wrote:

xlandisx wrote:

Also, I was looking in other forums and the link above for the title company had some info that put me off. Someone posted that you get a Maine license plate, and Maine registration (NOT TITLE). He then sends you a packet that says this will be enough to get a title in your state. I could be wrong, but I don't see how I can have a vehicle registered and plated in Maine, if I live in PA, and even if this is legit, how this will allow my DMV to issue a title.

Jim

see that is what i am afraid of .. no friggen way NJ DMV is issuing a title if all i have is a Maine reg and plates. They will say, go to Maine and get a title, then bring it back here and we will give you an NJ title.

I posted this info about the Maine title a while back. When I went to change the title over to transfer it to a Texas title, they didn't even hesitate. The clerk looked in a book and verified Maine doesn't issue a title separate from the registration on a bike this old (1976). Paid my money and a couple weeks later had an actual Texas title in hand. It was easier then I thought it would be. Put a smile on my face!

NJ Title Insanity!!! 15 Jul 2007 22:59 #157068

• roboto65
  • User
Yeah Texas is nice in some ways but gets you in others took my 95 Magna to title and registor and now instead of telling how much you paid for it.. Honest only a dollar :laugh: :evil: They now go to the Blue book and charge you tax on that cost me 280 for tax tag and Title :sick: Wonder what the Blue book is on a 77 C1 !!! WW2WILLYS see you live in spring howdy neighbor:P

NJ Title Insanity!!! 16 Jul 2007 00:36 #157073

• Virii
  • User
  • I like cheese
  • Thank you received: 1
Washington will give you a pass on tax for a "gifted" vehicle once in the vehicles life. Second to that, they'll go to blue book unless you have a notarized statement indicating why the value is so low. (Missing engine, needs transmission and engine rebuild, etc)

They do follow up on things like that, sure. Their own little audit but if it comes, it's usually about 5 years down the line and they accept that you won't have reciepts for so long.
Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

NJ Title Insanity!!! 16 Jul 2007 04:37 #157082

• BSKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Texas just change the law, they felt that they were being cheated out of tax money, I have bought a bunch of cars for "200.00" , :whistle:
77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

• Page: