Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mile high ride 27 Apr 2007 11:59 #134692

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Scott, Link, Colin? Yall ready?
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mile high ride 28 Apr 2007 20:43 #135130

• Link14
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Sorry Wolf, Bikes still in the shop. Got a new diaphram for the left carb and have to get a new diaphram for the petcock (that one hurt), and I'm still waiting for it. Even after that I'm going to have to ride it for a while before I feel like I can trust it on a long ride. My goal is to take this ride sometime this summer.

If you guys head up this way, I'll try and catch up somewhere on your route. The run up to Estes Park would be kinda fun too.
Attachments:

Mile high ride 28 Apr 2007 20:43 #135131

• Link14
  • User
deleted dupe

Post edited by: Link14, at: 2007/04/28 23:47
Attachments:

Mile high ride 13 May 2007 12:45 #139708

• kzwolfsr
  • User
That looks like a plan Link. Let's hear from the rest on their opinions.
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H

Mile high ride 15 May 2007 16:44 #140406

• kzwolfsr
  • User
Anyone in this Mile High city on Kzr still planning on a ride, everyone? I know Link has his bike in the shop. Gosling needs rear brakes, Scott! Hows the wife? Ronkz650! Wanna join in? Towermonkey, I don't see that guy here too often. Still waiting on you Mountain, no hurry. Anyone else?

Mile high ride 15 May 2007 17:59 #140429

• 01brian
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am in Nunn, Near Fort Collins. I have been working in Kremmling on and off for the past month ...(DRIVING) that route and day-dreaming of that ride. It would be great! Last trip up I saw Elk, Moose, Deer, Antelope and Mountain sheep. Lots of cool stuff.

Only thing left to go through on the bike is bleading the breaks and tracking down a cold cylinder and I will be ready!

B

Mile high ride 16 May 2007 06:33 #140565

• Link14
  • User
Hey Gang,

I appear to be up and running!:lol: I'm trying to find time to go on some longer runs, but I made to around Horsetooth dams last weekend without any problems so things look promising. My biggest worry is that I won't be able to keep up you guys on the stretch between Larimie and Ft Collins which is 65 mph. Still checking what my safe continuous cruising speed is on this little twin.

Glad to see there's another KZRer near here Brian. Watch the roads this summer 'cause I'll be bringing my youngest daughter out your way for driving practice when she gets her learner's permit next month.:woohoo: Fewer things to hit near Nunn.

Has anyone made the run up to Estes Park? That might be a cool run too. Give me a little longer to see what the 400 will do and I'll be ready for a long ride!

Mile high ride 16 May 2007 16:49 #140750

• 01brian
  • User
Your right about Nunn. More go-karts, 4 wheelers and bikes running around there than cars some days. BTW, I have a friend at work, he just got the 1984? Kawasaki 454. I don't know what the HP difference was, but he told me he ran it up from Denver at 90? and 8000rpm? A little much for me, even with my 1100, I like to take it slow and easy and enjoy my time on the road. *sometimes* I do open it up...

Keep in touch, I am a frequent at KZr and would absolutly love to get to ride with others!
B

Mile high ride 16 May 2007 19:51 #140794

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
I doubt I will go. I'm probably a strange guy as I don't enjoy riding with other people. I like riding alone on those long deserted roads like interstate 70 out by Green River, UT where it's 110 miles between the next gas station in Richfield. I've been all over the country always alone and I know that's goofy, but the only way I like to ride is by myself. I guess being a loner my entire life really lends itself to loner riding. I liked to get up at 2AM, hit the road in the dark alone. Probably the reason I'm a loner.:laugh:
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Mile high ride 16 May 2007 20:20 #140801

• Robjb84
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Im heading out to Boulder. CO in a few days for work.

Maybe one of you can lend me a bike, then i'll join yas ;)

Mile high ride 30 May 2007 14:13 #144966

• kzwolfsr
  • User
I totally lost this topic. I will have to notify maself on this one
Ron you simply must join us. I did sense that about you though when we met. So guys lets set a date! Why do we have to have Socal. outride us? Lets get up and ride and let the good times roll!

Mile high ride 30 May 2007 18:43 #145030

• kwaka1000j
  • User
Hi kzwolfsr & gang,I just ran across this today and tried to go to the link at the beginning of the thread, but it had expired.I live in Westminster & would be interested in a group ride of KZ's sometime.Let me know the date and route if you would.
1982 kz1000j
1982 kz750e
1980 kz1000 frankenstien