• Page:

TOPIC:

1981 KZ1000 LTD debut build 11 Jul 2022 11:37 #870196

• KZcallie
  • KZcallie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all,

This is my first attempt at customizing/ personalizing a motorcycle.

This is my 1981 LTD that I recently purchased.  Initially I wanted to do a full Eddie Lawson replica inspired build, then toyed with the idea of a stretched and raked drag inspired build, I think I ended up somewhere in the middle.  Spoiler alert, this is not a build for the purists, I am going for a specific look that checks all the boxes for me.  I have always liked the streetfighter builds from the UK, and there will for sure be elements of that to this build, however subtle.  I am currently experimenting with a dovetail rear end, made a very basic bracket from sheet metal and mounted the dovetail fairing/trim piece (not sure of the correct terminology). 

Of course the OEM sofa won't work with this modification, so I am on the hunt for a seat that will work.  I am aware that its unlikely that there is a direct fit on the market and whatever I use may need modification.  If anyone has any advice or knowledge to drop, it would be much appreciated.  I am not going for the full cafe racer seat look but rather a more streamlined version of the OEM sofa, although I won't be carrying passengers.

The second picture is more or less what I have in mind, if anyone knows of a seat like this that would work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1981 KZ1000 LTD debut build 11 Jul 2022 11:53 #870200

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1771
I am currently building an 82 ltd which is also not one for the purists  looks like a good base to start from

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: