Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1078 KZ650SR 10 Jul 2022 19:12 #870170

• DoctorAust
  • DoctorAust's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
This bike was given to me by a family member who can’t ride anymore. I’ve known this bike since I was a kid so it’s sentimental and staying for good once it’s finished! 

Plans are to completely overhaul this bike. Rebuilt it top to bottom but with modern upgrades. 

Triple tree front end, new swing arm, better shocks, wheels/tires, clean up the frame and get rid of a lot of attachment points so I can make everything hidden under the seat. Powder coat the frame. Engine rebuild. (How in depth will depend on the tear down). MotoGadget buttons to clean everything up along with the unit blue (really excited to play with that)

that’s off the top of my head and now here’s some progress that I made today.

I couldn’t believe the rat nest of wires for this thing! Not to mention it had a lot of “tinkering” in the harness, to say it nicely.

what do you guys think as far as the rebuild goes? It’s not going to be the fastest bike out there, but I would like it to be peppy and I never got to ride it to see how it was. So I guess I’m asking for all your opinion on a conservative upgrade on the motor. 720 kit? 

Thank you!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

1078 KZ650SR 10 Jul 2022 21:56 #870176

• DoctorAust
  • DoctorAust's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
This is a Double post is there a way to Delete??

1078 KZ650SR 11 Jul 2022 15:11 #870212

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
Welcome. I have my sons z650 with me at the moment, it has a wiseco  710 kit and goes well...

1078 KZ650SR 11 Jul 2022 16:17 #870216

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2673

This is a Double post is there a way to Delete??

You might want to try clicking the "report to moderator" button and ask them to remove one of the threads...

• Page: